Yeti GOBOX Collection

Public land access through Carbon offsets?

And if read the article more closely it explains why China stopped importing Australian coal......

"Coastal areas of China depend on imported coal, including from Australia. But relations between the two countries have gone into free-fall this year, as Australia has, among other things, demanded an investigation into the origins of the coronavirus, which first emerged in China. China in turn has banned imports of Australian coal — leaving huge ships stranded at sea."

Try to keep up with me, I will go slow. I want to promote keeping lands in their natural state while allowing owners a financial incentive to do so in order to expand opportunities to hunt, fish, and just enjoy nature. It really isn’t about carbon other than society placing a value on limiting it (this is the part you are struggling with, but I admit it is complex). It certainly has nothing to do with China.
Bankrupting our country will not achieve what ever you are hoping to accomplish here. It will only lead to more environmental long term damage.

I thought that was an interesting article. It is written as being "bad" from the point of view of the aspect of carbon capture and global warming. I don't disagree with that necessarily, but I thought of it interesting as a potential future for public land access. If that land has value in terms of a carbon store you have a wider group of constituents, and one with much deeper pockets. Anecdotally, I also heard a couple of stories about large MT ranches being sold to those looking for the advantage of the carbon credit offset. This could go either way (bad or good), but I would rather the NC buy this stuff than "ACME" corporation. Am I off base here? thoughts?

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2020-nature-conservancy-carbon-offsets-trees/?sref=rYMkp3wV
interesting article

How much carbon offset is offset by the biofuel harvesting and burning industry? It all does seem like a total feel-good shell game.

Everyone should be required to watch Micharl Moore's film, "Planet of the Humans" to get a glimpse into just how massive of a shell game it truly is....

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back