Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Proud of my Daughter

FLIPPER

I know in the scheme of things this is not an earth shattering accomplishment but to me it's a great accomplishment in my life.

Alexis who is 6 years old and in the 1st grade, made the Honor Roll, and got a Math Award :D :D :D

The homework she brings home simply amazes me...they are being taught things in the 1st grade that I wasn't taught until the 4th or 5th grade :eek:

Yay for Alexis (and dad too)
My 6th grader is asking me math questions I can not answer. Things I never even heard of. I think they're using new words to describe old methods but damn if I can make sence of it.

Nut said:
Congrats to Kayla and Mom who she must take after in looks and brains.:D :cool:

Nut...have you been drinking...again???

Who is Kayla and mom?:confused:

And for your info it has been 35 years since I was in the 1st grade :p

Way to go Alexis, I for one am glad to hear of it...

It's hard to imagine being on this board long enough to see new borns it seems one year, and the same kid in school the next... ;)

Congrats to your little girl Brian.. :)

they are being taught things in the 1st grade that I wasn't taught until the 4th or 5th grade

HAHA Like you "WENT" to the 5th grade...

Kudos, I know all about kids and their homework. Thats why mom helps them ;)

Flipper,

Congrats to your daughter. It speaks highly of the parents and teachers.

As a side note, was it you that had the severe allergies to deer? (eyes swell up). If so, I need to pick your brain about it. Our son has reactions to cats that our docs havn't seen before.

T Bone said:
Flipper,

Congrats to your daughter. It speaks highly of the parents and teachers.

As a side note, was it you that had the severe allergies to deer? (eyes swell up). If so, I need to pick your brain about it. Our son has reactions to cats that our docs havn't seen before.

Yes as strange as it sounds...I am allergic to deer, after hunting them for 27 years :rolleyes: The whites of my eyes swell and I break out in hives and develope asthma like symptoms

Actually it is deer hair we have found out, but it doesn't happen with every deer and it has happened in 3 different states.

That is exactly what happened to my son after being around cats. He was in extreme pain and it looked freaky. It went down quickly with benadryl.

We took him in to the pediatrician and she said she never heard of such a thing and dismissed as if we were imagining things.....

Is there a medical name for it?

My Doctor has never called it by any name?

But everytime it has happened, Tennessee [2 times], Texas and Kentucky they all have done the exact same treatment. A steroid shot[big one] and some kind of eye drops.

My doctor seems to think since it does not happen on every deer that it is an allergic reaction to dander? But the last it happened I noticed while I was gutting a deer my long breeding glove had slid down and my arm started breaking out in hives and there it was 1 deer hair!

But you are correct...seeing the white of ones eye swelling to the point it is covering the pupil and sticking out past the eye lid is freaky.

As a side note, was it you that had the severe allergies to deer? (eyes swell up).

When I went to Montana With Big Sky and we killed a deer, I think I rubbed my eyes or got something close to them. My Eyes swelled upand I couldn't even hardley see by the time we got back to town. We stopped by the first store and I bought Visine and Squirted my eyes out. It's never happened since but that was along the same lines so I know it happens.

T-bone, on the Cat thing..... Use your bow !!

Hey it great to be proud of your kids and keep letting them know just how proud you are [reward them]....Light that fire...whether its you or your wife [both] your doing a good job...keep up the good work.

But you are correct...seeing the white of ones eye swelling to the point it is covering the pupil and sticking out past the eye lid is freaky.
You ought to see them when the nurse gives him the dilation drops instead of the steriods. :eek:

Flipper, I'm calling you tomorrow AM...I promise...I think.:confused:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back