2020 Canyon County Fair

Duck-Slayer

It’s been a interesting year for public events to say the least. Luckily our
4-H/FFA were still able to show there animals this year. Very thankful to them for making this happen! Both my kids showed goats in the Meat class and Pack Goat class. My daughter is showing Dairy today, so I’ll post an update on that later today or tomorrow.
Monday our kids showed there meat goats. Drake got 3rd in showmanship for his class. Alexis also got 3rd in her class for showmanship. Drake placed 5th in his class for weight. For there first year doing meat goats and pretty much learning on the fly since we had no monthly meetings.
On to my favorite part of fair Pack Goats!!! Both kids showed new goats this year. Drake showed a yearling whether, a tall Alpine future awesome pack goat. Alexis showed our breeding Doe we bought last year. Both kids worked super hard all spring/summer with them in our home made goat coarse.
Drake ended up tied for 3rd/4th place overall. He was the only Junior in his class so he competed against the intermediate class.
Alexis placed 1st/grand champion of the intermediate class. So proud of both of them for working so hard!
Proud Mother and Father!
Matt

Attachments

• 729BA133-6BE1-4215-A82E-DBA6277B170A.jpeg
    729BA133-6BE1-4215-A82E-DBA6277B170A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 871E7409-14BF-4FCB-BEB3-57A6B8FAAF9E.jpeg
    871E7409-14BF-4FCB-BEB3-57A6B8FAAF9E.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • A0322315-F58E-4AF3-9CAC-E3A63A655373.jpeg
    A0322315-F58E-4AF3-9CAC-E3A63A655373.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 27
  • FF0CB37F-BDAE-4481-8E4B-CD4DEAEB3CF4.jpeg
    FF0CB37F-BDAE-4481-8E4B-CD4DEAEB3CF4.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • 979AA89C-7403-46F9-8DDE-BF20BD00C6E9.jpeg
    979AA89C-7403-46F9-8DDE-BF20BD00C6E9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
It’s been a interesting year for public events to say the least. Luckily our
4-H/FFA were still able to show there animals this year. Very thankful to them for making this happen! Both my kids showed goats in the Meat class and Pack Goat class. My daughter is showing Dairy today, so I’ll post an update on that later today or tomorrow.
Monday our kids showed there meat goats. Drake got 3rd in showmanship for his class. Alexis also got 3rd in her class for showmanship. Drake placed 5th in his class for weight. For there first year doing meat goats and pretty much learning on the fly since we had no monthly meetings.
On to my favorite part of fair Pack Goats!!! Both kids showed new goats this year. Drake showed a yearling whether, a tall Alpine future awesome pack goat. Alexis showed our breeding Doe we bought last year. Both kids worked super hard all spring/summer with them in our home made goat coarse.
Drake ended up tied for 3rd/4th place overall. He was the only Junior in his class so he competed against the intermediate class.
Alexis placed 1st/grand champion of the intermediate class. So proud of both of them for working so hard!
Proud Mother and Father!
Matt
Might fine looking goats there! Sounds like a great day. Those kids looks like pros and they look happy, nice work!

Kids and goats look good! We have a few goat clients down here.

I went to college with the boys from Shaw Herefords. I think they got a few kids around that fairgrounds...

Looks like they did a great job! My kids show hogs. They got to show at county but Houston (major show) cancelled while we were on the way down. Hoping this year goes a little better.

This is awesome! 4H is such a great program. Congrats to your kids and good job on all the hard work that goes into this.

thats great. i tried to get my kid to show some pack goats in e montana, no interest. ,hogs and steers,,,, for him,

Congrats to the young lady on the buckle! My daughter has one from last year for Rabbits from State fair, Rabbit Judging Team Grand Champions. Makes you proud!
Congrats to the young man also, hard work done and I'm sure he'll have a few buckles before he is to old to enter.

Our county fair is next week, my son is entered in the Model Rocketry. We'll see how it goes.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back