Proud Dad

Elkwhisper

Took my 8 year old little hunting buddy out for her first gopher hunt yesterday. We started of on a few tin cans, and then started chasing critters. She connected on 4 of her first 6 shots and ended up with 8 confirmed kills on the day. She was pretty excited and it made be feel pretty good to be out there sharing that with her.

Attachments

• First Gopher 2.JPG
    First Gopher 2.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
We even managed to punch a turkey tag on the last day of the season. Not your traditional turkey hunt but I couldn't imagine having more fun. Cassidy and I spotted a group of toms sitting in the shade of some big trees. A quick sneak and a couple quick shots, and we had us a big 'ol thunderchicken

What a great day!

Today on the way out the door for school, she asked me "Dad, could maybe just me and you go fishing tonight?" :)

I love being a Dad!

Attachments

• 2011 Spring Turkey w Cassidy.JPG
    2011 Spring Turkey w Cassidy.JPG
    178.4 KB · Views: 313
I don`t remember many of my hunts when I was by myself. I remember about all of me and my kids when they tag alone! I think she`s hooked and I bet she`ll be thinking about that all day at school instead of learning something!
Looks like she can shoot too! Anyone can hit a big `ol deer! Those little critters are tiny targets, and she didn`t miss many. Big bucks better beware! I don`t think she will miss!

BTW, nice turkey!

Take her as often as you can, they grow up way too fast! Congrats on a super hunting partner.

Damn straight they do! My first hunting partner gave up hunting when she got married (which ended), but didn't give up fishing. Has had guys hitting on her when she takes her boys fishing when she is setting up their tent and later catching and cleaning her own fish. Little do they know what she is packing to protect her and her boys.

Back