Proud dad, papa

Akcabin

Hello all. Been sitting here having coffee. My beautiful wife n daughter are planning out a camping trip. I still just having coffee. They wouldn't let me help if I wanted to.
Remembered a nice memory. Our daughter n me were at our cabin attempting to harvest her first moose. We got dropped off on the remote lake south of our cabin. We hiked 2 miles north. Me with my rifle n backpack. Her with a 75 pound load across the muskkeg. Stopping regularly to look up n see Mt Denali in her full glory. Truly invigorating.
We get to the cabin n take a breath. This is the first time we have been there together. I fire up our 4 wheeler to go back haul the rest of our load home. Except it won't run. I get delegated to sitting on the deck doing moose calls n chillin. While she takes the wheeler apart n rebuilds the carburetor n fuel pump.
After a couple days of great times we load on up head back to the lake . I'm surprised by my son being on the plane. Unknown to me they had planned for him to be fly out so that they could put up the firewood for the winter n give the cabin a good cleaning. So I didn't have to.
When the float plane lifted off the lake n circled back. And I looked down on our kids working together. Pulling a load of freight north to our family cabin.
When they arrived at the cabin there was a mid fortys bull standing next to the generator/cooler shed.
As a dad, seeing our kids enjoying the public lands that are available for us to enjoy. And spend time together as family.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back