Yeti GOBOX Collection

Proud dad moment :)

SFC B

As many of you know, the Hunting Princess will graduate high school in the coming days. The last several months have been spent wondering what her college choice would be. With acceptances from IU, CU (with scholarship), and Middle Tennessee State (with scholarship) in hand she and Mama went to tour MTSU and Nashville last week. While there they also toured Belmont University in Nashville. It is a private school with a beautiful campus which also offers the same course of study HP was interested in from MTSU. Upon returning home she found out they had rolling admissions and decided to apply on Monday (yesterday). In less than a day she was not only accepted, but offered the highest academic scholarship they have for incoming freshman. I am here to announce we now have BELMONT BRUIN!!!!

1651034373739.png

Congrats!

I still have 12 yrs before worrying about colleges. Not looking forward to it.

Congrats! My oldest is coming down to the deadline to make her choice, also. I think she's feeling settled on her choice of school, but I may have talked her into changing her major a couple days ago.

QQ

I have a friend that went there for communications. Very nice school and campus, but it’s been years since I’ve stepped foot on the grounds.

Congratulations to your daughter, as well as to you and your wife!

I used to live literally right across the street from their campus. Great part of Nashville!

One of my closest friends attended school there way back when, and has done very well for himself in the years since.

If I recall, the students put on regular chamber/classical musical performances at the auditorium there on Belmont Blvd. that are well worth taking advantage of.

Be sure to grab an (excellent) burger at nearby Brown’s Diner next time you’re visiting. Looks dingy from the outside, but is a long standing, family friendly, old Nashville spot of the variety that’s quickly disappearing as the city changes.

Congrats to her on making a choice and getting some nice incentives! MTSU is a fine school, but Belmont’s music and music adjacent programs are also well known and respected. Plus, I think she’ll enjoy living in town and the internship/professional/cultural opportunities that come with.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back