Any HTers familiar with Middle Tennessee State and the Murfreesboro area?

SFC B

So, the Hunting Princess is in her final college choice days and it is down to IU (like the rest of our Cream and Crimson household) and MTSU. She is interested in the Audio Production program and they have thrown some $$$ her way so I think they have the inside track :/ She and the wife will be flying out for a tour in a couple of weeks. Any insights into the school, area, things to see etc would be appreciated. Thanks.

It’s a busy college town that has exploded in the past 10-15yr. Nashville and the ‘Boro have kinda grown together. Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation. Barrett firearms are made in M’boro, and Beretta opened a facility there not too long ago. I’m familiar with the area, but I’m not much into big cities. When we visit the area we like it around Medical Center Parkway, as it has lots of shops and restaurants. Don’t have to drive too far east to be in pretty country, though. Some nice hiking on the edge of Monteagle mountain. Chattanooga is not too far away, and it’s more my kind of town… just a lot smaller and a little slower paced. We live about 45 minutes north-northeast of Chattanooga, so we’re about 2.5hr from Murfreesboro.

MTSU’s communications and audio production programs have been top class for decades. Great school.

Wish I had seen this sooner - live just outside Murfreesboro. EastTNHunter summarizes the area pretty well. Great program at MTSU. If into any Nashville stuff (I.e.“Nashvegas”) it’s about 45 to downtown. Definitely some history with civil war- Stones River locally, battle of Franklin. President Andrew Jackson home just east of Nashville, etc. if not too late or any specific questions DM me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back