Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Proposals to be presented

rhnm,
It is the vast minority of private landowner managing their property to increase wildlife while still allowing public hunting. I can think of, let's see, counting them all that I know of here and I still come up with NONE.

Land owners have a right to do what then want with their property. If you think offering land owner tags will spur someone on the reduce cattle numbers, therefore reducing their income, in order to allow the public to hunt their land you may want to quit inhaling. The reason the land owners are catering to wildlife and managing for herd and antler size is because they are getting an economic return from that practice. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nemont

If I were a land owners, and I took my land out of agricultural prodution for wildlife, I'd be looking for a new form of economic benefit too.

rhnm
I would rather see hunters get the opportunity to harvest excess animals on private property instead of Game and Fish personel or contract hunters.
that doesnt happen in AZ, game and fish has also set up depredation hunts for situations like that.

Also have to remember AZ doesnt have very much private land, we have lots of indian reservations, but each tribe does there own hunting deals

Delw

If landowners have no incentive to manage for wildlife most of them won't.
There have been alot of ideas and opinions discussed on this forum. We can agree to disagree about them.
So far feclnogn, cjcj and myself have submitted suggestions to game and fish. Anyone else? Lets hear them.

One problem I have with UT's setup, is that the units set up for the landowner to manage sometimes include public land, not all of which is inaccessible. There are BLM sections that are assessible via a county road that are off limits to hunting. I asked the UDWR folks why, and they stated that had to put the boundary somewhere, where it would be easy to enforce/see! I don't have too much of a problem with landowner permits, for their own land. In ID a landowner permit is good for the whole unit! I imagine the 'logic' is that the animals are wintering someplace they aren't during the hunting season, but I still don't like it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back