Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Proof Democrats are better for public access...

F

fwagner

I wrote, thanks to the TRCP, both my Wisconsin representatives about my opposition to the land transfer happening in my state......and like I have always known, it's REPUBLICANS who are the problem! Read for yourself....

Democrat Response: Tammy Baldwin

Dear Mr. Wagner:
Thank you for contacting me about the importance of protecting and preserving public ownership of America’s public lands. I appreciate you taking the time to write to me about this important issue.

Wisconsin families have long traditions of hunting and fishing. Outdoor recreation is a significant contributor to the economy, supporting over 142,000 jobs and contributes nearly $11.9 billion in consumer spending in Wisconsin each year. During my time in Congress, I have been proud to support efforts to improve access to our public lands, to protect our natural resources for future generations, and to support the work of non-profits, tribes, and sporting associations to preserve habitat for wildlife.

The federal government owns about 650 million acres (29 percent) of the 2.27 billion acres of land in the United States. Four agencies administer the vast majority of the federal land: the Forest Service in the Department of Agriculture, and the Bureau of Land Management, Fish and Wildlife Service, and National Park Service, all in the Department of the Interior. Most of these lands are in the West, including Alaska.

I share your commitment to ensuring that our most cherished natural and cultural sites are preserved and protected, and will continue to oppose policies that transfer federally managed public lands to the states, and limit the President’s authority to designate federal lands as national monuments. We must ensure that all Americans are able to use and enjoy these public lands and that national treasures can be preserved for the benefit of future generations.

Once again, thank you for contacting my office. It is important for me to hear from the people of Wisconsin on the issues, thoughts and concerns that matter most to you. If I can be of further assistance, please visit my website at www.baldwin.senate.gov for information on how to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Tammy Baldwin
United States Senator

Republican Response: Ron Johnson

Dear Fean,

Thank you for contacting me regarding conservation efforts to protect wildlife and our natural resources.

As an avid outdoorsman, a father and a grandfather, I place a high value on preserving the environment for our children and grandchildren. Like all Wisconsinites, I want to protect our water, air and land for future generations. Conservation efforts should be approached sensibly. We can grow our economy and safeguard our environment at the same time. As the Senate considers federal land and natural resources policy, I will carefully consider reform that proportionately balances the economic costs with the environmental benefits.

Thank you again for contacting my office. It is very helpful to hear the views of the constituents I serve. To date, my office has received more than 2,000,000 letters, emails and phone calls. My mission is to provide information to as many people as possible concerning the enormous financial and cultural challenges facing America.

Please see my website at www.ronjohnson.senate.gov for additional information. It is an honor representing you and all the people of Wisconsin.

Sincerely,

Ron Johnson
United States Senator

....as you read, the democrat echoes not only her support for us hunters and outdoor men and women but the economics boost we provide. Vote democrat!!

Not an excuse but facts that neither constituent wrote those responses and one of them is currently involved in a current race.

....Neither wrote that response? Based on what!? It's signed and official so obviously they support their statement.

I got the same response from Johnson... at least a full month AFTER I wrote. Received a message from Baldwin's office a day later.

On a side note, I met Congress-(hopeful) Frank Lasee at a community gathering this summer, and I asked him what he thought about the land transfer. He told me didn't know very much about it and asked me to explain it to him.
Within five minutes he had an opinion of something he didn't know anything about before, and it wasn't a good one. Somewhere in my explanation he saw $$$ and that was where his head went with it.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back