Pronghorn Colorado units 112, 113, 114, and 115

CONative44

Hi everyone,

I drew a pronghorn doe tag in Colorado for units 112, 113, 114, and 115. Shame on me for not checking beforehand, but it looks like most of this region is private. Does anybody know of some huntable land in that area?

There are 2 SWA's in 113, you might check on CPW's website and see if you can hunt them. Also I would be willing to bet landowners would let you on to shoot a doe, so go knock on some doors. If all else fails, you can turn the tag in.

I grew up in unit 120 and it is hit or miss which landowners let you on and which don't! Don't show up opening morning asking for permission! Make a weekend trip soon and knock on some doors. Be courteous of meals, chores, harvest, cattlework, etc. Never hurts to ask and you just might find yourself an annual place to go. It never hurts to offer a cold drink if you run into the farmer / rancher on the fence or in the field. If you can swing it, hunt the latter part of the week. After opening weekend, most of the regulars have pulled out and that is when the landowners are more lenient about letting newcomers on.

There are 2 SWA's in 113, you might check on CPW's website and see if you can hunt them. Also I would be willing to bet landowners would let you on to shoot a doe, so go knock on some doors. If all else fails, you can turn the tag in.

Don't wait till the day the season starts, go now. Offer to help if they are a farmer.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back