PRO TIP #217

Little Big Man MT Chris

When slinging your rifle over your shoulder while standing next to your NEW truck , make sure your door is closed , or the barrel or your rifle might clip the door of your truck and remove the paint , thus causing a frowny face :cautious: and a quiet ride home from the forest, and a 33$ bill at the dealership getting factory touch up paint . Im over it now and can share my event publicly!!! Lesson learned !!! Ha ha ha ha

Hey everyone feel free to add your PRO TIPS you’ve learned the hard way.
😜

#219, don't run a clumbsy ladder stand down the boxside of your 2 yr old truck. Then be told by the dealership that they can do paintless dent repair on that , then have it haunt you every time you look in the mirror after the so-called repair. Another small stuff thing that's a constant reminder of self stupidity.

I was loading my rifle into the back seat of my Ram a couple seasons ago and still had my back pack on... with my tripod attached to it. Needless to say, the truck paint was no match for the tripod head!

Could have been the window!

#220... make sure your hunting buddy closes his side back door of your truck before walking off on the mountain. Luckily, no gear was stolen, we just came back to a wet floorboard and seat!

I believe #220 includes making sure sunroofs are closed prior to overnight torrential downpours as well...

Use it but don't abuse it. Showroom condition is for stay-at-home-polished-in-the-driveway vehicles. It aint a Lamborghini ... it's a get-out-there-on-the-gnarliest-roads-in-the-worst-weather-hunting rig ... it's a TRUCK!

Ha ha ha ha , I want it to last at least for the 6 years I’m making payments. But yes I bought it with hunting being the main secondary use besides basic travel , my 3 week archery hunt is coming up , it was more the way it happened, Just not wanting to speed up the process, put the 3rd coat of paint on last night , the hole is filled in and the steel is no longer showing , with the amount of rain and moisture we have here , that was my main goal

Last edited:
Don’t forget what you park around.

Attachments

• 0EAFEADF-8EDF-4407-AE52-03A100DF22D2.jpeg
    0EAFEADF-8EDF-4407-AE52-03A100DF22D2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
Pro tip close the tail gait !!!
I was in Kansas whitetail deer hunting when I finished up with my morning hunt and walked back to the truck I put my bow in the case and put in the bed of the truck forgot to close the tail gait. I did not realize it until I drove into town about 20 miles later when I stopped to get a coffee and noticed my tail gait was down and my bow was missing. 🤦‍♂️ Luckily I drove back to where I parked my truck and there was my bow in its case in the ditch.

Pro tip: Close the door to your truck when leaving to go hunt, I think Andrew learned that this year didn't he @mtmuley

Also put your keys in your pack, in a SAFE spot. After I shot my bull last year I was collecting my gear on the ground and found my buds truck keys laying in the grass. They musta fallen outta his pocket as we belly crawled into position, we were about 4mi from the truck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back