Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Primer pocket on Norma 223 brass

fattybinz

I have a 450+ pieces of once-shot norma brass that came from this type ammunition. Shot both our of semi-auto and bolt action rifles. The primer pockets have these three little indentations. I'm not sure if I should do anything differently when prepping this brass. I primered a few and the primers went in and held without a problem, as far as I can tell. For this kind of brass, is there anything different I should do?

That's a primer crimp. If the primer went in ok then I'd say ignore it. If primers go in tough you'll probably need to trim that either with a small primer pocket cutter or a swage. I've gotten away with a chamfer tool but find the primer pocket reamer tool (Lyman and Hornady) keeps things square and is economical. They're like $10-15. The swage tool is like $100

What he ^^^ said. They don’t trim out well with my Sinclair primer picket uniformed, so I usually throw out crimped pocket brass. Then again, I wouldn’t be throwing out Norma/Nosler brass. If you experience any issues getting primers to seat, you make to experiment a little with what tool removes the crimps the best.

Also what I did was take the Hornady primer pocket reamer tool and put it into a drill. Zipped 2500 of them while watching a football game last winter. It makes a mess so I did it over a plastic tote.

^^^
Agree with all the above.
I use a pocket reamer.
But then all my brass is LC.
It's a one and done situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back