MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Primary gun is dialed in!

You have that thing shooting great! I shot my first handgun elk with a 4” 629. It was a great revolver. Good luck this fall.

Purdy. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk that shoots well enough, but I’ve never killed anything with it

Purdy. I have a Ruger Super Blackhawk that shoots well enough, but I’ve never killed anything with it

It’s been several years since I hunted with a 4”.

I normally hunt with 6” and longer barrels.....

Handgun hunting forces me to get closer.....150 yards becomes a long poke.

I wish you the best this fall. That would be neat to get an elk with the .44 mag. Several years ago I shot a 3pt Whitetail buck with my S&W Model 28 in .357 magnum at about 30 yards. One shot was all it took. I haven't hunted any other game with a pistol since, but it certainly adds a challenge.

I wish you the best this fall. That would be neat to get an elk with the .44 mag. Several years ago I shot a 3pt Whitetail buck with my S&W Model 28 in .357 magnum at about 30 yards. One shot was all it took. I haven't hunted any other game with a pistol since, but it certainly adds a challenge.

Haven’t taken elk with a 44 yet....but I did take a moose around 2011

Plenty of deer lope and hogs with various handguns...

Handguns are all I hunt with except if a muzzle loader is required....I use a flint lock then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back