Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

PRIDE Month Celebtrations at Public Land Management Agencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflation Reduction Act
From my caveman economics view, that's an oxymoron because any "Act" of congress literally requires spending more money

Additionally, the climate crisis has been identified as a top priority and existential threat requiring immediate action including clean energy development on public lands.
Subsidizing EVs which requires resources from lesser developed countries with lower labor and environmental "standards", developing new mining here in the US, and expanding solar and wind farms on public land (then burying the old wind turbine parts in Wyoming....)

Because billions of dollars of tax payer money and public land resources are direct towards it? I was under the impression this forum was meant to discuss relevent public land hunting topics. It is strange how multiple users can not understand the relevance or why someone would want to talk about where billions of dollars of public land directed funding is going or one of like 5 top priorities identified by a presidential administration. Again, I have removed my opinions on the matter even though I have them and would like to discuss them. Instead I have chosen self censorship.
Fair enough. But still does not clarify why you selected HuntTalk specifically, without experience here. Be aware that consistently there are "grenade throwers" and others who post here just to raise the level of contention or merely to "hear themselves" pontificate.

Fair enough. But still does not clarify why you selected HuntTalk specifically, without experience here. Be aware that consistently there are "grenade throwers" and others who post here just to raise the level of contention or merely to "hear themselves" pontificate.

I chose this forum because I was told and was under the assumption that this was a place where policy experts discussed public land policy impacting hunters. As a long time public land hunter I made and account and posted about what I felt was a relevent topic impacting many public land hunters. If there is a more suitable location for public land hunters to discuss where billions of dollars of federal funding is spent on public land resource management, please pm a suggestion.

As for the continued question of relevance by multiple users, here an important executive order issued by President Biden on this topic. The relevance is established by the document identifying the need for significant funding through Administration policy for equity and underserved communities. The LGBTIA community meets that definition in multiple agency documents, directives, and orders. So when I see official media of BLM personnel using agency resources at a parade or official media promoting funding of public land projects such as fire resiliency that reference those admininstration directives, a connection can be established between the policy and action taken.

I can continue linking documents to help other forum users understand the relevence.

So, the feds are spending money to promote it on federal land. So what? They spend money on all kinds of things. Did you want to make us aware, celebrate, complain?

So, the feds are spending money to promote it on federal land. So what? They spend money on all kinds of things. Did you want to make us aware, celebrate, complain?

Awareness is an important topic that is often referenced at PRIDE events. Based on the four pages of posts in this thread and complete lack of posts anywhere on the forums relevent to equity and underserved community, I would say making the forums users here aware was helpful. As noted in my previous links and posts, billions of dollars of funding is made available and spent on public land projects. Not a single post about USFS Equity Action Plan or any of the other of the multitude of DOI and BLM or other agency post about millions and millions spent on projects on public lands related to these executive actions and agency statements.

Ultimately, I would have liked to ask some questions such as are game management agencies and public land hunters getting maximum benefit from this? Are public land management agencies now fully funded? I had my own concerns and positive notes about these policies and why I have chosen not to ask them at in person meeting discussing similar topics. I chose to remove those and am no longer willing to share them. So awareness I suppose now.

Hi Derek,

The Biden Harris Administration has identified diversity, equity, and inclusion and environmental justice a top agency priority. This includes billions of dollars of funding for public land project through the Bipartisan Infustructure Law and Inflation Reduction Act. Additionally, the climate crisis has been identified as a top priority and existential threat requiring immediate action including clean energy development on public lands. As reported by multiple federal agencies and top Biden Administration officials, the climate crisis effects marginalized communities the most. I believe that should help answer the relevance to public land and public land resources questions.
I understand that the links you’re providing pertain to public land issues. I’m not sure if the relevance or productivity of this thread as a whole. These forums are for discussion which you have effectively shut down by your self censorship of your opinion on the matter and asking others to not express theirs. Zero relevance when you can’t “discuss opinion” on a discussion forum.

As an aside, I sort of led the PRIDE parade one year in Seattle. It turns out that our GPS took us from our hotel to the cruise ship along the parade route just as it was closing to traffic.

I did manage to get the elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist thing down.
You can stop apologizing also...

I understand that the links you’re providing pertain to public land issues. I’m not sure if the relevance or productivity of this thread as a whole. These forums are for discussion which you have effectively shut down by your self censorship of your opinion on the matter and asking others to not express theirs. Zero relevance when you can’t “discuss opinion” on a discussion forum.
Derek,

I had initially intended on sharing my own concerns as well as positives related to this topic. Based on the first reaction and accusations of "grenades" etc, I decided to provide exclusively information and awareness relevent to agency PRIDE recognition and the relevence of diversity, equity, and inclusion as it pertains to underserved communities and receiving federal funding of which large amounts are directed at resources utilities by hunters and other public land stake holders. I'm sorry if you have an opinion and I can not stop you from posting it. So I guess are you offended that I posted agency pride celebration pictures? I do not consider any of that material all that edgy. Every agency has a variety of material incorporated in their media related to this topic. So I did not feel that selecting a few imagines would be shocking to anyone.

Ultimately, I would have liked to ask some questions such as are game management agencies and public land hunters getting maximum benefit from this? Are public land management agencies now fully funded? I had my own concerns and positive notes about these policies and why I have chosen not to ask them at in person meeting discussing similar topics. I chose to remove those and am no longer willing to share them. So awareness I suppose now.
How would we benefit from it? Just a photo op for the current administration to show they're doing as promised even though it has little to nothing to do with wildlife or habitat conservation. It's under funded and under appreciated no matter who seems to be in charge just a pawn in the political game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back