Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pretty neat set

Glad to see you've upgraded your bear hunting pack. ;)
Very cool, Randy!

But, I must say I'm disappointed that the pack picture didn't have any electrical tape...:D

I learned my lesson after humping three miles with that god awful contraption I made last time.

Wow, Randy. That is better than finding a bear to shoot. Cool.

I'll trade 'em to you straight across for coordinates to a six footer.

Nice find Randy...good looking Ruger too.

That laminate hides scratches and dings remarkably well. It came from the factory smooth but now has a very interesting checkering-texture to it. I love that rifle though, even if it does weigh ten pounds.

Nice find on the moose horns Randy. You are up higher in that drainage than i was last week, i never got up into that much snow.
Course i never saw a bear there either so taking my advise to move down some might not be to your advantage:)

This was the first night I tried that high up. No sign whatsoever. I dropped down about 500 feet below the snow line and that's where I bumped into the sow with cubs.

Bummer by reading the title I thought we were going to have pics from Fred's. Rumor has it there are neat sets there also. Just sayin,,,,

Neat as in “Oh look, that’s neat they still let her do this after all these years…”?
I’m not into forty year old truck-stop-queens quite yet. Unless it’s been a long, long night.
I’ll stick to the fox club for now.

Wow,they look to be in great shape.Did they just get exposed by the snow melt?

I think so. I think these bigger bulls shed in January and February, and most our snow this year was in March and April. They still stink of moose like crazy though, so I guess it’s possible he just held on to them really late, although I'm thinking it's more likely they were kind of preserved under the snow. It's also a NE facing hill, so not much for sunlight hitting them.

Going off a buddy's European mount, and how the horns angle out, I'm thinking this bull is actually pretty wide. Like mid 40's. I'll have to keep an eye out for him this season and see if he's getting any bigger.

Wow, Randy. That is better than finding a bear to shoot. Cool.

I'd almost have to agree with this...:eek:

If I stumbled on those I'd be about as excited I think?

Of course thats just speculation, since I havent seen a bear yet either:rolleyes:?

Nice find!

Moe;)

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back