Pretty damn pathetic!

MarvB

Hit that refuge a lot in my youth, some great hunts down there and at Tule but you can only cut that pie so many times!

Oh man this is horrible. Lot of waterfowling history down the drain. Some good friends used to farm spuds around tule lake. Every year hunted it during late 70s. Hope this isn't permanent.

CWA is trying to buy some permanent water delivery rights but the endangered sucker (fish) up there might muck that up. First honker I ever shot was up there on Sheepy Ridge. Looks like a desert now ☹️
Used to stay just below the ridge with Ben Shultz who made his living guiding at tule. loved watching the muzzle blast just before quitting time coming the ridge top

Hunted Klamath, Tule, Sac. river drainages, Kesterson, Mendota...many years ago.
I quit bird hunting after Kesterson mess and deep sea fishing when the rivers and limits dropped to nothing.
The water still flowed to the fields and cities.
Just heard about the Klamath die off. Glad I got the chance to fish those rivers when they were rivers.
Enjoy your soy/almond milk fellas.

Am I reading this correctly, this is a man made, man filled wetlands? Not a natural wetlands?

Not really, but it's a catchy thought....your CWA post helps clarify this.
Would the refuge be in the same shape it’s in if it’s water allotment came from California vs Oregon?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back