Pretty & Classy rifles. Lets see them!

Winchester Low wall in 22 Long, half round, half octagon barrel...

View attachment 183637

I've got a Widner Musket in .22 short I'll dig out & take some photos. It's a blast to shoot. When Dad bought it, we took it to the range and after he shot it (sans hearing protection because why when you're already deaf) he looked at us and said "Did it go off?" Fun times. Tough to get to 50 yards without holding for elevation, but it's a lovely Winchester. So is yours!

I've got a Widner Musket in .22 short I'll dig out & take some photos. It's a blast to shoot. When Dad bought it, we took it to the range and after he shot it (sans hearing protection because why when you're already deaf) he looked at us and said "Did it go off?" Fun times. Tough to get to 50 yards without holding for elevation, but it's a lovely Winchester. So is yours!

The bore on mine is bright, which is really rare in any 19th century 22. Mine is stamped: “From W.F. Sheard, Montana” on the barrel. It is still accurate enough to shoot heads off of grouse...

A12E5B5F-669F-4094-A07E-0F47EE419994.jpeg

@shrapnel - I really miss the days when you could find treasures like that for a reasonable amount! Love the inscription. You can' buy those kind of Bona-fides. :)

Yes, I find them on occasion, but they are scarce. Here are a few, Sheard, Browning, Cooper and the most rare, a A.D. McAusland on a Sharps from Miles City, Montana...

115_2165.jpg4O26RKz.jpgthumbnail_IMG_9862.jpg10-30-07_01612.jpg107_0502.jpgIMG_1563.JPGIMG_1570.JPG

One similar to it is soon to be in my grubby little paws. Remington 700 stainless LH action with Hart barrel in 6.5-06 and Leupold VX5-HD scope.

HVgy6LT.jpg

What I ended up with.

5rkaQDk.jpg

My new Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in .308. Finally got the Leupold bases that I was waiting for, mounted the new Leupold scope and bore sighted it today. Probably 20 years ago, a friend that I used to work with and his wife both had Winchester Model 70's. His was a Lightweight in .243, hers was a Featherweight in 7x57 Mauser. Always liked the classy looks of the Featherweight with it's Schnabel fore end, so I finally got one. Now for some range time with the new gun.
Model 70 FW.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back