Predicting Idaho Tag Allocation

dcestnik

Is there any way to guess if a specific unit will have a non-resident tag in Idaho? For example lets say a unit has ten tags available. For three years in a row they gave nine to residents and one to a non-resident but last year they gave all ten to residents. Is there any publication or guideline IDGF has or is it purely random within their non-resident caps?

No, it is random.

I assume you are asking about OIL Controlled Hunts. Gohunt did a good video on how the Idaho draw for Trophy Species works.

Likely this will be the 4th year in a row that a nonres draws our top sheep unit....residents are switching to others because so many nonresidents put in.

Likely this will be the 4th year in a row that a nonres draws our top sheep unit....residents are switching to others because so many nonresidents put in.

I do see one unit for sheep that a NR drew last three years. Still lowest odds and after a couple years of sub 1% the NRs will filter off to other areas with better odds too.

I do see one unit for sheep that a NR drew last three years. Still lowest odds and after a couple years of sub 1% the NRs will filter off to other areas with better odds too.
I doubt it....it has the biggest sheep so the nonres apps are just going to get bigger IMO

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back