Predicting Idaho Tag Allocation

dcestnik

Is there any way to guess if a specific unit will have a non-resident tag in Idaho? For example lets say a unit has ten tags available. For three years in a row they gave nine to residents and one to a non-resident but last year they gave all ten to residents. Is there any publication or guideline IDGF has or is it purely random within their non-resident caps?

No, it is random.

I assume you are asking about OIL Controlled Hunts. Gohunt did a good video on how the Idaho draw for Trophy Species works.

Likely this will be the 4th year in a row that a nonres draws our top sheep unit....residents are switching to others because so many nonresidents put in.

Likely this will be the 4th year in a row that a nonres draws our top sheep unit....residents are switching to others because so many nonresidents put in.

I do see one unit for sheep that a NR drew last three years. Still lowest odds and after a couple years of sub 1% the NRs will filter off to other areas with better odds too.

I do see one unit for sheep that a NR drew last three years. Still lowest odds and after a couple years of sub 1% the NRs will filter off to other areas with better odds too.
I doubt it....it has the biggest sheep so the nonres apps are just going to get bigger IMO

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back