Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Prayer request

Redman - I pray for God's blessing on you and your wife as you move forward with the surgery. I know from personal experience that God uses these challenging times in our lives to mold and shape us.

God bless,
Wayne

We have a long road ahead but she has grit and is tougher than most men I know!
Done. Strong character overcome significant obstacles most humans w/o an incident or birth issue take for granted.

A friend of mine has an amputated leg below the knee as well. He's one determined gent and inspires my drive to push. Sounds as though your wife has the character to improvise, adapt, and overcome.

My wife and I will share our prayers with God. Look forward to the future phot(s) out west, enjoying life!

A kid I grew up with lost his leg below the knee in Vietnam. Eddie adapted very well. I vividly remember him waterskiing on one leg at our summer cottage. Most people wouldn't know he had a prosthetic. My elderly neighbour across the street similarly lost his leg below the knee in a 1930s logging accident. I never knew until I went over to check on him one morning shortly before he died and he was still in his bathrobe. I am sure your wife can look forward to an active and more "normal" lifestyle. All the best.
Thank you for the encouraging words!
I used to own and operate an archery shop. I had a guy come in one day and I helped him get his bow ready for a bear hunt. He stopped back by and this time had shorts on and one leg was completely tattooed. I asked him if that is why he has a slight limp from all that ink. To my surprise he tapped it with an arrow and it sounded hollow! He said nope its fake and I made it! He owns a business that makes artificial limbs. I called him the other day with a bunch of questions. He said when the healing part is over to bring Casey in and he will make her a new leg. Doug has almost the same amputation as my wife and said it will be a blessing to her she will be almost the same as she was before her accident.

Prayer request for my wife Casey. In 2018 she was hit by a uninsured driver and suffered several broken bones including her femur at the hip socket. They performed several surgical procedures but her sciatic nerve was severed. She developed drop foot in her left leg below the knee and hypersensitivity in her foot. She had to wear an orthopedic boot brace and could only walk a max of a mile without extreme pain. As I type this she is in being prepared to have her leg amputated below the knee. This sounds drastic but with a prosthetic leg she will be able to do so much more including wearing 2 shoes vs one shoe and a worthless orthopedic boot. She said last night that she hopes she will be able to go out West elk hunting with me this fall! She loves fishing, camping, and hunting but it had been a chore for her the past several years. I was able to take her out in the deer blind this past season but the hike was all she wanted. We have a long road ahead but she has grit and is tougher than most men I know!View attachment 171951
Thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Praying for you and your wife. May God bless you both and give you many enjoyable years and hunts together.

Casey and you both have my prayers but I think you both are blessed having each other. Casey has you for strength and support and you have that wonderful woman with amazing resolve. I admire you both !

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back