Caribou Gear

Prayer request

Prayers are coming her way. I had foot drop once, and it was a pain in the ass. As much as an amputation would suck, I’m praying it brings here some relief.

Redman, you better start behaving. As a former wrestling coach I remember a couple of kids with missing arms who were real tough customers, one from Idaho and a boy from Miles City who was a state contender back in the 70s. I seem to recall he lost his arm to a grain auger. I heard about a wrestler at one of the Utah universities who was missing a leg and made it to NCAA championships. He had a definite strength advantage. With that missing weight from amputated leg his upper body was at least one, maybe two, weight classes higher. Yep, your wife may give you a run for your money. On the trail she's not going to get dehydrated or fatigued as quickly as she did when she was healthy with both legs. She should be better than ever! Something to look forward to.

Once her load is evenly distributed her good leg will be much better off too. And probably her back as well.

Last edited:
The OP started a new thread, expressing his thankfulness and updated her successful surgery, with a report about dealing with post surgical pain levels.......

Prayer request for my wife Casey. In 2018 she was hit by a uninsured driver and suffered several broken bones including her femur at the hip socket. They performed several surgical procedures but her sciatic nerve was severed. She developed drop foot in her left leg below the knee and hypersensitivity in her foot. She had to wear an orthopedic boot brace and could only walk a max of a mile without extreme pain. As I type this she is in being prepared to have her leg amputated below the knee. This sounds drastic but with a prosthetic leg she will be able to do so much more including wearing 2 shoes vs one shoe and a worthless orthopedic boot. She said last night that she hopes she will be able to go out West elk hunting with me this fall! She loves fishing, camping, and hunting but it had been a chore for her the past several years. I was able to take her out in the deer blind this past season but the hike was all she wanted. We have a long road ahead but she has grit and is tougher than most men I know!View attachment 171951
Prayers for you and your wife! Here's to an elk hunt for you two this fall!

Prayer request for my wife Casey. In 2018 she was hit by a uninsured driver and suffered several broken bones including her femur at the hip socket. They performed several surgical procedures but her sciatic nerve was severed. She developed drop foot in her left leg below the knee and hypersensitivity in her foot. She had to wear an orthopedic boot brace and could only walk a max of a mile without extreme pain. As I type this she is in being prepared to have her leg amputated below the knee. This sounds drastic but with a prosthetic leg she will be able to do so much more including wearing 2 shoes vs one shoe and a worthless orthopedic boot. She said last night that she hopes she will be able to go out West elk hunting with me this fall! She loves fishing, camping, and hunting but it had been a chore for her the past several years. I was able to take her out in the deer blind this past season but the hike was all she wanted. We have a long road ahead but she has grit and is tougher than most men I know!View attachment 171951
Prayers for a successful surgery and a quick recovery!

Thank you all! I posted on a different thread about this. Surgery went fine she said it was more painful than the original amputation. She is a month behind than she was last year but she is determined and is already walking on her prothsteic! Even after the Dr. and I told her to take it easy! So she is not 100% healed but she going to the gym and working out after being dormant since February. She is tougher and more determined than anyone I know. The power of prayer works and blessings to all for thinking and praying for her! You will never know the impact that you have made!

Back