Prairie dogs on public land grazing lease

I couldn't get the video to work so I can't be sure but I will venture a guess that George is on of those people that likes to hear themselves complain.

To answer the OP question on what he might be missing.

Oak is right about the effect of prairie dogs and benefits to many other species. However with the prevalence of annuals and bare ground and the lack of desirable species of grasses most prairie dog towns will have a hard time grading above fair range condition and are likely to grade in poor condition. Ranchers are often evaluated on how the range condition grades. Most of the local land managers will take the prairie dog towns and other factors in to account. The national environmental groups will not. They will use ignorance of how range condition is evaluated and use this information to paint grazers in the worst possible light.

Prairie dog towns are usually sparsely vegetated. Removing native wildlife from public land to make room for domestic livestock is a tough take.
Doesn’t all grazing remove native wildlife to some extent? Wolves, bears, sheep, elk, deer are all impacted by grazing, no?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back