Prairie dog hunting Western North Dakota

mrklean

Curious has anyone done prairie dog hunting in western ND is there much for public land out there?

Most/all of the good prairie dog shooting will be on private land.

BTW, one does not hunt prairie dogs but rather you just shoot them ;)

There are quite few towns on the Little Missouri National Grassland. The towns near I-94 typically see a lot of use and tend to be poor shooting. Towns on the west side of the Little Missouri typically see less use. Nonresidents are required to purchase $15 non game license.

Pm me there's plenty on public land. However you'll need a shovel.to get them out until spring lol

Pm me there's plenty on public land. However you'll need a shovel.to get them out until spring lol
Looking to come out dog shooting the 31st of July to August 4-5? Suggestions on where to go? Starting on the 1st, around (west?) Dickinson. Richard 651-755-7946. Not apposed to paying a small land fee or to hire a guide. I’ve hunted muleys, antelope, and many prairie dog towns for over 20 years

I would suggest asking land owners for access. I know we are always welcoming folks to shoot em off the ranch. Their burrows are hell on bovine legs, so most land owners who run livestock are happy to be rid of them.

I have only went south of Mandan but when looking for the ranch we had permission to shoot on we stopped to ask where it was and they asked us to just stay and shoot on their land. Just ask around you should be able to find a few towns to shoot up. Bring a few guns, 22 is fun when trying to shoot out past 150

Back