Power cell to charge cell phone

RAVPOWER and Jackery. RAVPOWER, I've used two for years and years and they keep going. Jackery are hardy and have charger cables built in, which is nice.

Makes absolutely no difference which kind you have if you leave the little cord that goes between battery cell and phone at the house. I may have done this on my last big adventure. It kept me getting some good pics through the phone skope too.

Screenshot_2020-08-11 Amazon com Portable Charger Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - Ultra High Capaci...png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-11 Amazon com Portable Charger Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - Ultra High Capaci...png
    Screenshot_2020-08-11 Amazon com Portable Charger Anker PowerCore 20100mAh - Ultra High Capaci...png
    180.8 KB · Views: 7
We bought our first Anker 3 years ago. Great charger! We now have 4. They been through extreme heat and cold. We also use them to empty frequently and they have held up.

Testing currently but my buddy and I for a 13 day Alaska Dall's Sheep Hunt picked up the RAVPower 25000s for like $30. They got shipped to him so he charged one and threw it in his fridge and is checking the charge in a couple days to see how it did.

Another vote for Anker. I have one that I bought in 2014 that is still doing exactly what it was intended for. At the time it was huge (capacity, not physical size) with 13,000 mAh capacity and it still will charge a cell phone 4 or 5 times with no trouble.

I actually bought 2 and gave one to a buddy and he is still using his and very happy with it as well.

Never needed to try a different brand to try since it has been working so well.

This RAVPower one gets pretty good reviews and seems to give you some good bang for the buck though.

I don't think the average hunt talker is as broke as me, but I get the 8 dollar ones from the checkout counter at Wal-Mart. I've yet to have to use them when its really cold, but they seem to work just fine. I get two phone charges per backup. In airplane mode without onx tracker on, that'll last quite a while. 8$ a pop.

I picked up a Dark Energy Poseidon a few years ago as I use my phone and OnX as my GPS. I've never used anything else. It is heavy, but it'll charge my phone 8 or 10 times before it needs to be plugged in and according to the manufacturer, you can throw it down a scree slide into a high alpine lake, fish it out and it's as good as new. /shrug

Back