Potential new FWP point SNAFU?

My MSG updated correctly. Elk permit did not, deer I’m not sure. I have a new 900 antelope point but drew a rifle tag last year, and I have an extra elk B point.

Well my M/S/G points finally showed up guess they issued everything else as well.
EDIT: I have absolutely zero faith in MT and their system at this point. Was gonna apply for antelope but screw that. Not giving anymore money to fund such a screwed up agency. How do I even know at this point I'd even actually be in the draw so on and so forth?

Last edited:
Hey guys take it easy. They were processing paper check refunds to all unsuccessful applicants from the Elk/Deer Drawing back on 4/14 all last week. Sometimes bonus points for future draws just get added and sometimes they get removed during busy weeks at the FWP. When you submit your application, and they have taken your money, just know that you may be in the drawing or you may not be 🤷‍♂️ Kinda fun!

Hey guys take it easy. They were processing paper check refunds to all unsuccessful applicants from the Elk/Deer Drawing back on 4/14 all last week. Sometimes bonus points for future draws just get added and sometimes they get removed during busy weeks at the FWP. When you submit your application, and they have taken your money, just know that you may be in the drawing or you may not be 🤷‍♂️ Kinda fun!
All this time I thought I was just unlucky in the game. Turns out I wasn’t even playing - Montana FWP applicant

991AB02B-35EA-4EDE-821C-C3B589CB1649.jpeg
The bus ride of emotions through the 2022 Montana FWP Application Process.

My MSG updated correctly. Elk permit did not, deer I’m not sure. I have a new 900 antelope point but drew a rifle tag last year, and I have an extra elk B point.
Got an email update back from FWP when I asked about my points.

"Your elk bonus points have been corrected. The 900 archery permit point is correct. We switched the system so bonus points show up immediately for customers after they have been purchased. Your bonus points in the drawing will still be zero the point just shows up since you purchased it."

If you purchased points when applying the points show up before the draw, but they are not in this years draw. My elk points were wrong and were corrected so I would definitely contact them if your points are messed up. I really like this new system, sure simplified things...

"Your elk bonus points have been corrected. The 900 archery permit point is correct. We switched the system so bonus points show up immediately for customers after they have been purchased. Your bonus points in the drawing will still be zero the point just shows up since you purchased it."

If you purchased points when applying the points show up before the draw, but they are not in this years draw. My elk points were wrong and were corrected so I would definitely contact them if your points are messed up. I really like this new system, sure simplified things...
I was going to email them but was having a slight moral crisis about the possibility of having an extra point applied to this year’s draw vs doing the right thing and having them correct things. Good on you for doing the right thing and getting some answers about the new “simplified” system.

Funny that my MSG points didn’t show up before that draw. Kinda wonder if their response to you was a case of CYA?

I’m sure they will easily figure out how to keep or remove a persons points once they draw or don’t. All the other draws have went off without a problem so this one should be no different

Now once you draw your points are gonna roll back to zero and the point you bought this year that shows at this point is going to disappear. Gotta love it!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back