Pot is not legal in CO or anywhere else in the US.

COEngineer

I know some guys are just joking around, but I don't have a great sense of humor so I thought I would share some knowledge instead. :geek:

I live in CO, a State where the people decided that it would not be against State law to grow a few plants and smoke pot. However, no matter how much the pot heads want to ignore it, pot is still illegal under Federal law and therefore it is illegal in every US State.

Besides Federal law, most businesses have policies against smoking pot (or doing any other illegal drugs), so for those of us that need to earn a paycheck, we can't smoke pot anyway.

So, crack your, "You live in CO, so you must smoke weed" jokes all you want, but let be known that very few people that I know personally smoke pot and no one I know that has a job smokes pot.

I know some guys are just joking around, but I don't have a great sense of humor so I thought I would share some knowledge instead. :geek:

I live in CO, a State where the people decided that it would not be against State law to grow a few plants and smoke pot. However, no matter how much the pot heads want to ignore it, pot is still illegal under Federal law and therefore it is illegal in every US State.

Besides Federal law, most businesses have policies against smoking pot (or doing any other illegal drugs), so for those of us that need to earn a paycheck, we can't smoke pot anyway.

So, crack your, "You live in CO, so you must smoke weed" jokes all you want, but let be known that very few people that I know personally smoke pot and no one I know that has a job smokes pot.

On the other hand, if you happen to be in Denver and walk down 16th street mall, you'll get a contact high.... I personally have walked through a seizure house in El Paso county(thought about buying as a fixer)and what was done to it was very crude but effective for growing. The house was part of a multi-property seizure. My guess is it was a large operation out of Mexico, but that is only based on what I've read in a few publications.

Like you, I don't know anyone who smokes weed, but make no mistake, there are plenty of folks in this state that do. Thanks Hick!!

So what you’re trying to say is “keep it low, but keep it lit.” ?

Prostitution is legal in parts of Nevada but not on the Federal level...Do a lot of people care? Weed is legal in some States... cool and good for them. So you can't drive a school buss and test positive for weed (that's a good thing). Not sure what OP is getting at.

Now, forgive me if this is ignorance, but can't all federal drug law be disregarded because it's a power not explicitly listed in the constitution and therefore is reserved for the states? If the federal gov. were to push a suit all the way to the SCOTUS wouldn't it end up ruling in favor of the states rights? (sorry if this is just a joke thread)

Now, forgive me if this is ignorance, but can't all federal drug law be disregarded because it's a power not explicitly listed in the constitution and therefore is reserved for the states? If the federal gov. were to push a suit all the way to the SCOTUS wouldn't it end up ruling in favor of the states rights? (sorry if this is just a joke thread)

@VikingsGuy we need your help buddy... can you please enlighten us when you have a chance.

but let be known that very few people that I know personally smoke pot
I had several people tell me in the months leading up to Washingtonian voting to legal recreational use, that they knew it wasn't going to pass because only a few baked hippies around Seattle smoke weed. It passed overwhelmingly in almost every county, including ours. Everyone knows a ton of people who smoke weed even if you live in a state that hasn't legalized it. Hell every baby boomer I know using it to treat everything from back pain to arthritis to insomnia. My BIL does high end tile work, he said there's not a person in the residential building industry that doesn't smoke weed, whether they own or hide it, it's that prevalent.

I had several people tell me in the months leading up to Washingtonian voting to legal recreational use, that they knew it wasn't going to pass because only a few baked hippies around Seattle smoke weed. It passed overwhelmingly in almost every county, including ours. Everyone knows a ton of people who smoke weed even if you live in a state that hasn't legalized it. Hell every baby boomer I know using it to treat everything from back pain to arthritis to insomnia. My BIL does high end tile work, he said there's not a person in the residential building industry that doesn't smoke weed, whether they own or hide it, it's that prevalent.

I think frequency and how much are the real misconceptions. I don't have that many friends who are consuming more than 5 drinks a week, of the people I know who regularly use I think they are probably using at an equivalent rate.

I worked for a lot of different companies that did random drug tests and you were not allowed to have any marijuana in your system. We had employees who had medical Marijuana cards and said they had to have it. Didn't matter you could not smoke off the job and pass a random drug test. On other jobs it was a joke around the break areas about who smoked what and who was growing. I don't care who grows or who smokes pot I do care about job safety and I had no problems with the companies that did drug testing (Mostly power plants, government facilties and high tech firms).
For those guys I know that smoke or drink they know it is not allowed on my boat or in my hunting camps. I know a lot of you would never hunt with me because if you drink more than a couple of beers in camp per night you are not welcome on the same mountain with me tomorrow. I drink, I just don't drink and drive, fish, or hunt when drinking. A 12 pack would last me more than 2 weeks in a hunting camp or a fishing trip.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back