Post up your workout log thread

If a person is going to hunt in the mountains at my age,,69,, you better be doing something to get into decent shape. The covid pandemic has disrupted things, but for now I'm back in the gym.

The program is weightlifting three days a week and getting on the treadmill for a cardio workout. I do two splits weightlifting. One is overhead presses, weighted pull-ups, an bench pressing. The other is back squats and trap bar deadlifts. I lift as heavy as I can. The treadmill is walking fast enough with an incline to get and keep my heart rate at 140 beats per minute.

Presently, I am not doing the cardio as the treadmills are more crowded than I deem prudent. The weight room is never as crowded, and the power rack is always open.
The great outdoors offers millions of treadmill miles! I'm 62 and can't agree more on the heavy as possible regimen.

Just an update. Presently starting to lean on 72 a little bit. I turn that later this spring. Weightlifting is still central to my fitness regimen. It has been very beneficial to my health and fitness.

I'd highly recommend it to everyone. One beauty of it is that it can be dosed so precisely. I still lift with all of the intensity, I can muster. Most of the other older lifters working out at the gym, don't really get after it. It would benefit them more if they asked more of themselves. But, some of them are consistent in their workouts. Everyone has their own priorities, I think.

Today’s Most Amazing Man is one Tripat Singh. This badass is one month shy of 78. It’s never too late to start and we can always do better.

Attachments

• A420D6FE-E235-47F6-9FEE-3CE3BB2F06D9.jpeg
    A420D6FE-E235-47F6-9FEE-3CE3BB2F06D9.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 11
Being a construction contractor and a backpack hunter/trapper is all the workout a human body can handle 🤣

I'll be 56 yo in a month. Former USMC, now a desk jockey and only been hunting for 5-6 yrs. I've found "running" hurts more than it helps. Weight lifting and ruck hikes have been the best for me. Mainly free weights, in my garage when it's 100 deg outside. Doors closed. Sweat box. However, the most important thing for me has been diet. For a while I completely cut out alcohol (don't start...) and processed sugar. This includes bad carbs. I have cheat meals on weekends, and I try to stick with it but it's not easy.

I'll be 56 yo in a month. Former USMC, now a desk jockey and only been hunting for 5-6 yrs. I've found "running" hurts more than it helps. Weight lifting and ruck hikes have been the best for me. Mainly free weights, in my garage when it's 100 deg outside. Doors closed. Sweat box. However, the most important thing for me has been diet. For a while I completely cut out alcohol (don't start...) and processed sugar. This includes bad carbs. I have cheat meals on weekends, and I try to stick with it but it's not easy.
Haha.....thought this thread was abandoned but it keeps coming back to life! @kevine001 thank you for your service, much appreciated! There's another more active workout thread somewhere around here if you want to check it out.

I'm a noob on HT, so I'm probably incorrectly reviving a lot of old threads. Hard to pass up because there's so much useful (and comical) info!!!

Back