Poor ATVers...

Oak

Expert
PUBLIC INPUT REQUESTED ON PROPOSAL TO CHANGE ATV REGULATIONS ON STATE WILDLIFE AREAS NEAR LAMAR

The Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) will hold a public meeting to discuss potential changes to ATV regulations for the John Martin, Grenada, and Queens State Wildlife Areas. The meeting will be held March 21 at the DOW armory building in Lamar, at 2500 South Main St. at 7 p.m.
The primary reason for the meeting is to discuss ATV use on state land. However, DOW staff will be prepared to discuss other wildlife issues including legislation to increase hunting and fishing license fees.
Wildlife biologists have recommended restricting ATV use on some of the state wildlife areas in the Lamar area to prevent habitat damage caused by ATV’s.
"We’ve seen an increase damage to sensitive wildlife habitat through inappropriate use of vehicles," said Travis Black, area wildlife manager from Lamar.
Black said the primary function of state wildlife property is for the benefit of wildlife.
"Unfortunately, some people view these properties as places where they can race around on ATV’s blazing new trails. The damage they are causing will take years to repair," he said.
The John Martin State Wildlife Area near Hasty includes the state property around John Martin Reservoir that is not included within the holdings of Colorado Division of Parks and Recreation. Queens State Wildlife Area is located between Eads and Lamar along U.S. Highway 287. Grenada State Wildlife Area is located along the Arkansas River near the town of Grenada.

IT-I won't support closing all roads in all places. In Arizona we have thousands of miles of maintained logging and county roads that are just fine for ATV and truck travel. If you have an area that is being destroyed then I would support closure. Doesn't make sense to close all areas in the country and you guys that advocate that are just alienating hunters who would normally support selected closures. JMO

Bull., If it's so easy to figure out how come the fat assed ATV crowd can't stay on the roads and trails? They brought all their problems on themselves, and nobody in the fatassed ATV crowd is doing anything about the renegades----which is definitely more than half of them.

Why doesn't the BRC push for stiffer penalties?

BTW, whatever happened to the BRC Director who was arrested for illegal outfitting?

hmm well if certian ones really screwin it up close road not all i know it messes ip up for others i dont have atv i seen i knew guy who had one he was little to much into it like hes atv cop soon thers prob we he went huntin with our old boss he cme with little lights on top kinda annyoing also decorated where u couldnt tell if it was atv no one liked guy he jerk anyway :) but hope all goes well for good atvs

Got it now! IT was a hall monitor at school. If you're my age is your real name Norman and did I chase you home every night and whip your ass for tattlin'?

ringer and lefty, I just searched the last six pages of SI to see what kind of contributions you two losers make. ringer--0 topics. lefty--1 topic. I bet you two punks were the biggest losers in your grade schools. Probably never made it any further. :D

LMAO! RINGER.....
That was priceless...
I shoulda read this a couple day's ago when you posted.... :D:D:D

ringer and lefty, I just searched the last six pages of SI to see what kind of contributions you two losers make. ringer--0 topics. lefty--1 topic. I bet you two punks were the biggest losers in your grade schools. Probably never made it any further.

Oh my goodness,
Somebody needs a life..... :confused:

Ithaca 37 said:
Bull., If it's so easy to figure out how come the fat assed ATV crowd can't stay on the roads and trails? They brought all their problems on themselves, and nobody in the fatassed ATV crowd is doing anything about the renegades----which is definitely more than half of them. And your proof is where?

Why doesn't the BRC push for stiffer penalties? Because the last meeting I attended they where calling for more inforcement on the penalties that are already in place.

BTW, whatever happened to the BRC Director who was arrested for illegal outfitting? You seem to be the one most interested, you tell us. BTW, was he ticketed or arrested?

Good one RINGER, LMAO.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

TB- This doesn't sound like they want to enforce current regualtions, it sounds to me like they want to put more restrictions on atv use:

"The primary reason for the meeting is to discuss ATV use on state land. However, DOW staff will be prepared to discuss other wildlife issues including legislation to increase hunting and fishing license fees.
Wildlife biologists have recommended restricting ATV use on some of the state wildlife areas in the Lamar area to prevent habitat damage caused by ATV’s."

Ten Beers is gettin' schooled..... This might make it worth his skipping 3rd grade this last week....

Hey Ten, boring people to death is not the same as discussing an issue....

Hey MATTy & YRH, if you weren't so focused on looking like fools maybe you could COMPREHEND that my comment was attached to IT's comment about the BRC. Please try to work on those reading/comprehension skills.

YRH, I must be one grade ahead of you.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back