Votes: 53 27.7%
  • Further than 1 mile

Votes: 22 11.5%
  • Further than 3 miles

Votes: 13 6.8%
  • Further than 10 miles

Votes: 6 3.1%

• Total voters
Many times I've crapped alongside the road in the brush. I never bother burying it or toilet paper. Just let the dogs out of the rig to do their business and presto my business just disappeared. Throw them each a breath mint and we're ready to hit the road again.
80503CF8-B724-41CE-91E7-BDA74515359D.jpeg

I piss behind the vault toilet at the mtb trailhead twice nearly every time I ride 🤦‍♂️
I try to do the right thing and go inside but there’s literally shit mosquitoes in there and that can’t be good for your health.
But I would probably never blast a SS if I was within striking distance of a outhouse.
I never use the outhouses on job sites. 🤢
Always piss between the rig tires.
Way of the road bud.

Many times I've crapped alongside the road in the brush. I never bother burying it or toilet paper. Just let the dogs out of the rig to do their business and presto my business just disappeared. Throw them each a breath mint and we're ready to hit the road again.
I suspect that you may be the only person on the planet who knows whether the smell of burning shit and plastic is worse than mint-masked human shit dog breath.

And to think that with your eventual passing, this knowledge will be lost to humankind forever.

All I have to say is that if you are using a pit toilet on a remote, tropical, southern Baja beach at night…don’t shine a flashlight down there to see what that weird scuttling sound is.
Never even seen a pit toilet where I "go" in Baja.

In general pit toilets don't bother me, I squat without contact.
Jobsite porta potties suck especially just after being cleaned...splash factor.
THE worst was a Porta potty at a marina on Hebgan. I am not kidding...it was so full I thought my junk would contact. Shit in the parking lot instead.
I'll take the woods every time. Its especially fun if a buddy is within earshot.
The funniest(for me) incident was shitting in two feet of snow at a jobsite before the Porta potty arrived and my buddies dog sniffed it out and rolled in it.🤣
I still bust a gut laughing...

I prefer to leave mine in a fairly visible place, even within site of an outhouse. I always hide my paper. When finished, I like to firmly place a $1 note on top, making sure I've rubbed it in a little to cement it into place.
After thirty years there is a new lead in the cold case of the Secret Shower Shitter at the MSU dorms.

Last edited:
After thirty years there is a new lead in the cold case of the Secret Shower Shiter at the MSU dorms.
I don’t know what you’re talking about. Also in the late 80s there were few security cameras around, and after that kind of time the witnesses are way less credible. And, after 30+ years - who would care about some well placed turd?

In the woods...

I take great pride while out in the wilds to describe to a friend (or maybe a grandson or two) a particular spot on a distant mountain. "Left of that snow patch, just below that big dark gray rock. Do you see where I mean?"

"I took a shit there once"
659b020ea1a90182714571157aa6eb39.jpg

I don't think I would Groop poop.
I would prefer to just go where I was no need to drive.
Doesn't need to be in the wood I have used the barrow pit alongside the road, Just bury the paper so others don't have to look at it.
Do I dare ask; What is Groop poop?
This concerns me just a little bit...

One of my close hunting buds was a carpet layer. He was on a rural job and there was no operable plumbing (water) in the new house build yet. He had a sudden defecation reflex and quickly egressed the back door and made it to the barbed wire fence, where he quickly unsnapped his bib overall's shoulder straps and assumed the pose, almost leaning on the wire. Well his premonition about explosive was correct and he coated the fence strands. When he stood up he didn't realize one of his straps was caught on a barb & when it released the strand trebuchet'd his hastily metabolized breakfast all over him.

It was funnier when he told it...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back