Polling: What state hates the fat, rich, nonresident big game hunter most? (this is for fun, guys and gals)

What state hates NONRESIDENT BIG GAME hunters the most?

• Idaho

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Montana

Votes: 29 13.1%
  • Utah

Votes: 43 19.4%
  • Nevada

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • New Mexico

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • Colorado

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Arizona

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Iowa :)

Votes: 14 6.3%

• Total voters
I see a lot of guys saying ND and SD should have an honorable mention. I’ve had a very mixed bag on my yearly trips to those two states for waterfowl. I used to go in the fall but only the spring now. Some people could not be more friendly, while other people have told me to my face they don’t like snow goose hunters, as I’m standing there asking to snow goose hunt.

However, in Idaho I was very surprised to find out that people don’t wave when you’re driving by each other. Not very friendly and they cry about people from Washington and Cali all the time.

It’s not us abusing NR’s. Maryland is so cheap it flies under the radar. It’s a good thing you western boys are skinny and tough. You can come here and shoot a total of 27 deer over the three seasons (archery, black powder and rifle) Heck, come for a week splitting two of the seasons and you will be exhausted from the pack outs. All that for $130

It’s not us abusing NR’s. Maryland is so cheap it flies under the radar. It’s a good thing you western boys are skinny and tough. You can come here and shoot a total of 27 deer over the three seasons (archery, black powder and rifle) Heck, come for a week splitting two of the seasons and you will be exhausted from the pack outs. All that for $130
How much for a sika deer?

@mdhunter

Swap hunt, me and @Hilljackoutlaw kill 2 Sika deer and you get to go on a really pretty nature walk with your rifle, in either ID or CO. You won't even have to carry a pack .
Let’s talk this summer. No tag to draw but those little sika deer can be a tougher hunt. We have them but not tied to a tree. That’s definitely a location location location animal.

Let’s talk this summer. No tag to draw but those little sika deer can be a tougher hunt. We have them but not tied to a tree. That’s definitely a location location location animal.

We have lots of swap hunt threads on here and it's always a bit tough cause it's just two totally different types of hunts, with their own struggles. Your post highlighted that well, and that's what I was keying in on.

I went with Iowa. We charge an exorbitant amount for a NR Any sex whitetail tag (about the same as CO is charging for a Anysex elk tag)and we only let you get one every couple years at most. Plus IMO whitetail hunting is the most conducive to fat hunters.

Can't be SD. Bring your $3500 over/under, $100 bottle of bourbon and $1 bills for the gentlemen's club and we'll haul you around in a heated bus so you can shoot pheasants all day long! Pheasant habitat courtesy of the raffle of our big game tags. Sorry, elk are only available by raffle, but sheep tag is available to the highest bidder! Nope, fat, rich, NR are kings here in the heartland.

Can't be SD. Bring your $3500 over/under, $100 bottle of bourbon and $1 bills for the gentlemen's club and we'll haul you around in a heated bus so you can shoot pheasants all day long! Pheasant habitat courtesy of the raffle of our big game tags. Sorry, elk are only available by raffle, but sheep tag is available to the highest bidder! Nope, fat, rich, NR are kings here in the heartland.
You are spot on but we only hunt half a day.

That's funny, in that case you all, and you included mate don't have it that bad, we don't have ANY public land hunting and most of the general public hate us hunters!
Cheers!
Richard
ps, I ain't fat, I ain't rich but I am a non resident....alien :ROFLMAO:

I feel for you there mate.

We're hated too if it makes you feel any better! All coming out of inner city Melbourne and places like that. The places where the people opposed to hunting and so passionate about wild places and wild things have quite often never stepped foot into the places they're banging on about.

Looks like we're not getting a duck season this year. Our state government created an independent game management authority a few years ago to manage game hunting from an unbiased purely fact based viewpoint. Except that they didn't delegate the power to actually control the seasons just make recommendations. So they in the end have no more power than the anti groups which puts us in a position where the GMA are telling the government that their aerial surveys are showing that game bird numbers are ok, but the government is listening to the anti hunting lobbyist and activist groups spreading misinformation. They keep quoting the drought which has only affected part of Australia (our ducks are highly nomadic - contrary to what people say Australia has been the driest most sporadic rained upon inhabited continent for tens of thousands of years). and the bushfires which have had next to no impact on ducks.

The Kang's elk!....

Back