Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Polling: What state hates the fat, rich, nonresident big game hunter most? (this is for fun, guys and gals)

What state hates NONRESIDENT BIG GAME hunters the most?

• Idaho

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • Wyoming

Votes: 28 12.6%
  • Montana

Votes: 29 13.1%
  • Utah

Votes: 43 19.4%
  • Nevada

Votes: 16 7.2%
  • New Mexico

Votes: 60 27.0%
  • Colorado

Votes: 11 5.0%
  • Arizona

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Iowa :)

Votes: 14 6.3%

• Total voters

BrentD

In honor of the several threads on Idaho and Wyoming's proposed new policies and currently enforced policies towards the lowly Mr Moneybags Nonresident Hunter, let's have a poll on which states hates us lowly (but rich) out-of-state hunter the most.

Maybe we are befuddled as the democrats and their caucuses/primaries.

PS. This is all in FUN and JEST, 'cuz I could use a laugh or two.

PPS. if you don't see a state that you thinks deserves this "honor," then please feel free to post it below as a write-in.

PPPS. If we REALLY wanted to do this right, we would do a Condorcet ballot (Wiki it, voting math is a pet peeve of mine), but we are going to this the most primitive way.

Apparently @glasseye was the only NR who knew there was even one...
I wonder what would happen to those elk app numbers if CA did away with the hunting license requirement and moved to an app fee per species instead. I’m guessing all those sheep applicants wouldn’t throw in for elk just because. It’s a crafty strategy... leveraging the eternal optimism of the sheep applicant.

I think Montana is pretty welcoming to nonresidents... but I know how I feel about them 😂😂

People seem to be answering the question based on applications and quotas, etc. But which state has residents with the most actual hatred towards NRs? Do NM folks really hate NRs for their lowly 6%? I'd guess folks from Utah (due to the insular culture) or Colorado (because NRs are primarily responsible for the crowding) actually hate the NRs.

NM loves fat, rich, non-resident big game hunters more than almost any state. Most of their best tags can be bought from landowners every single year, completely bypassing the draw, for a large fee!

People seem to be answering the question based on applications and quotas, etc. But which state has residents with the most actual hatred towards NRs? Do NM folks really hate NRs for their lowly 6%? I'd guess folks from Utah (due to the insular culture) or Colorado (because NRs are primarily responsible for the crowding) actually hate the NRs.
Northern PA hunters would possibly three S a new Yorker if they thought the could get away with it. 😁

Back