Poll by Rob Bishop on LWCF, be sure to vote

what I wrote:
Yes, LWCF is extremely important, but to properly manage our forest lands you have to stop depleting the budget of the Forest service by using the money to fight fires. That money needs to come from a separate emergency fund like those used for floods and other disasters.

I'm sure this will sway a lot of people... ;)

My comment:

What a load of crap. The way this is worded who would be for the LWCF? Over the last 50 years the LWCF has done so much good in our country the benefits would be hard to calculate. The real special interest is the one that controls Rep Bob Bishop and is pushing him to dispose of MY public lands.

Saw that this morning. Pretty disappointing in how the poll was worded but hopefully people can write a well thought response to combat his ignorance.

Does this count as a good reply

Yes

Our federal lands wouldn't be unmanageable if paid off politicians and fund sucking bureaucracies weren't holding the purse strings!

I invited him to come to Montana to see why public land & the LWCF is so important. Fingers crossed he takes me up on it! :)

Yes

If the LWCF would have been fully funded since 1965, there would not be a funding issue for stateside or federal projects. Stop supporting politicians who are stealing from the public trust!

Here is the text from the "Poll"

The Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF) Act of 1965 was originally intended to prioritize local communities. Today the program has evolved into a special interest slush fund: a way to divert even more money away from localities. Under the original LWCF authorization in 1965, 60 percent of the funds in the program were specifically set aside for the Stateside Program. Last year, Stateside received just 16 percent of LWCF funds.

Do you think the White House should continue to expand our already unmanageable federal lands?

Interesting to me that the poll acknowledges the fact LWCF funds have not been used to their full potential. Maybe the federal lands would be more "manageable" if the money was allocated like intended.

This excerpt is from a 2013 Michigan Bar Journal article:

"An improper leading question is one that suggests
the specific answer desired by the examiner".

This Bishop character was elected to produce America's laws, yet he puts out a poll using the very tactic which is frowned upon in most cases in our courts - which uphold our laws.

Until and unless American voters choose to elect officials with integrity and accountability - this kind of BS will continue ad nauseum.

Bozeman MT voters recently elected a local legislator who was quoted in the press as stating he could not vote for a piece of legislation because it was too difficult to understand.

Can't make this stuff up - truth is stranger and way more scary than fiction.

Last edited:
If you haven't voted and thrown a comment at Bishop do it, if you did... Do it again.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back