MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Politics

double_a85

With all the talk of politics and candidates say we need to "compromise" or "come together" it reminded me of this graph.

I think it is a good visual of how the country has moved towards these bitter divided stands of partisan politics. I think our current president is the worst for "my way or the highway" but no one is exempt from it in present day politics.

And the divide grows greater and greater every time districts are redrawn thanks to the SCOTUS decision to allow Gerrymandering. Combine that with Citizens United and we the people are finished.

Both parties are to blame for this, it's the machines making power grabs not any one person.

Things need to change and they need to change now or we just as well change the preamble to read, "of the people, by the lobbies, and for the corporations.

Without reforms this experiment could soon be over.

And the divide grows greater and greater every time districts are redrawn thanks to the SCOTUS decision to allow Gerrymandering. Combine that with Citizens United and we the people are finished.

Exactly. When districts are redrawn, they are done so to make sure the district is solidly one direction or the other. As a result, you win the district by being as far to the fringe as possible. Your real race is the primary. End result, very little representation of the middle and when people get to Congress, they are mostly hand picked puppets of the partisan power brokers.

There is a reason the Senate is more moderate. Those are statewide races and in most states, not all, you can't be on the lunatic fringe and win a statewide election.

Given the USSC chose to hear the Citizens United case and ruled 5-4 in favor, it has forever changed politics in America and it will continue down that path until such time we pass laws to change it. Expect things to get worse.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back