Politics, Utah style

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This might get interesting. Not that conflict of interest or self-enrichment has ever been a worry among Utah politicians.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2575779-155/snake-oil-salesman-rep-ken-ivory

I wonder how his Kool-aid drinking legislators in western states will use this to praise him as another victim.

I like the one comment on the article stating, "There is corruption everywhere in America, by all parties. Utah politicians, however, take a backseat to nobody."

Not only do Utah politicians not take a backseat, in most issues related to tags, wildlife, and public lands, but they want to drive the bus all the way to the bong party being thrown by their well-connected pals. If Utah wants that style of politics, fine with me, just keep it in Utah and haul your carpet bagging asses out of my state.

"Utah politicians, however, take a backseat to nobody"
Wow...just Wow! will have to read this in more detail tonight.

I'm so sick of these crooks.

There is a crowd growing tired of guys like Don Peay, Ryan Benson and this dude. The unfortunate thing is there are far more sheep.

I've only been in Utah 8 months...so ridiculous.

As a Utahan, I can say Misery loves company. I used to be amazed that stuff like this goes on. Now I guess I expect it. Sad...

I'm from Utah and I can honestly say I get very disappointed in our state on a lot of issues. Trust me people in Utah don't agree with these things and the vast majority do not want this BS going on in our state, but as a society (not just Utah, but American) we are either stuck in our ways by voting for some politicians, or being too lazy to be informed and believe they can change something. The amount of money they've handed out to lobbiest for wolves, sage grouse, and the land swap motive should make any taxpayer in this state furious.

Finally our local fox news station approached Ryan Benson and he declined to talk to them at all. Here is a video link of their investigation:

http://fox13now.com/2015/04/30/utah-pays-high-priced-lobbyist-to-de-list-wolves/

Ken Ivory is a crook and so are many sitting in Utah office. There's a real war between the BLM, Forest Service, and cattlemen in rural parts of the state right now and they are using it as leverage as to why they feel the government has overreach here in Utah. It's all political BS and these cronies should be voted out and never resurface again.

Utah's all about getting rich though, and dumping tax payer dollars to their friends. From moving our states biggest prison because it's taking up valuable ($$$$) real estate to handing out millions of free money for sage grouse and wolf issues that have cost us with no return, Utah politicians have shown just how desperate and crooked they are for the $$$ sign. All I can say is thank goodness the federal government has control over so much land in Utah, because it would all be a wasteland in our state representatives hands.

Sad but true and can be said of NM too....on steroids. Only all the $ goes to the few. And many are not NM citizens...

At least I see a few Fed vehicles out here checking on things....

Looks like Mr. Ivory is having a credibility crisis throughout the west.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_fcb04a7c-45e1-5a74-b610-1bfc9d92e907.html

A quote from the article below illustrates the level of delusion that comes with these self-enrichment types.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-soliciting-funds-for-lands-fight.html?pg=all

"These types of organizations have just destroyed Western public lands through this kind of litigation and bullying tactics," he (Ivory) said. "They're so afraid of the success that the transfer of public lands movement is having that they're stooping to these kinds of bullying tactics because they can't tolerate basic political debate."

Really, "success?" Most people would have to be on some sort of meds to consider his . In Montana, and most other states of the west, he and his lemmings got sized for a major league asshats on the land transfer issue. His lapdog, Senator Jennifer Fielder introduced over 20 bills to screw us out of the public lands and not a single bill got passed. Not one. Zero. Empty set. Even when they violated the lobbying rules in MT by paying a Senate Aide to be his lobbyist in MT, Ivory still got his clock cleaned. A political beat down, if ever there was one.

At the public land rally in February, he didn't even have the couth to host his own event. Nope, he sent some homeless folks and the Tea Bag crowd to try disrupt the rally we were having. Even his sheep eventually realized they were about to get handed their asses and by the time we were done, they were heading for the doors, leaving a pile of mispelled signs and ALC propaganda pamphlets in their wake. And he calls that success.

Ivory is about to realize that playing his BS games on the national landscape is far different than his little fiefdom in the Beehive state. I hope he gets his political teeth handed to him. I suspect by year-end he will be doing a tooth inventory and looking for another rock to crawl back under. Yet, his pals in the Utah Legislature will take him back with open arms.

Looks like Mr. Ivory is having a credibility crisis throughout the west.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regi...cle_fcb04a7c-45e1-5a74-b610-1bfc9d92e907.html

A quote from the article below illustrates the level of delusion that comes with these self-enrichment types.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-soliciting-funds-for-lands-fight.html?pg=all

Really, "success?" Most people would have to be on some sort of meds to consider his . In Montana, and most other states of the west, he and his lemmings got sized for a major league asshats on the land transfer issue. His lapdog, Senator Jennifer Fielder introduced over 20 bills to screw us out of the public lands and not a single bill got passed. Not one. Zero. Empty set. Even when they violated the lobbying rules in MT by paying a Senate Aide to be his lobbyist in MT, Ivory still got his clock cleaned. A political beat down, if ever there was one.

At the public land rally in February, he didn't even have the couth to host his own event. Nope, he sent some homeless folks and the Tea Bag crowd to try disrupt the rally we were having. Even his sheep eventually realized they were about to get handed their asses and by the time we were done, they were heading for the doors, leaving a pile of mispelled signs and ALC propaganda pamphlets in their wake. And he calls that success.

Ivory is about to realize that playing his BS games on the national landscape is far different than his little fiefdom in the Beehive state. I hope he gets his political teeth handed to him. I suspect by year-end he will be doing a tooth inventory and looking for another rock to crawl back under. Yet, his pals in the Utah Legislature will take him back with open arms.
First off I would like to say thank you Randy for helping this fight against the transfer, sorry my states politicians are so full of themselves. Utah really is a great state with amazing hunting opportunities and lots of great public land. Problem is the almighty dollar rules the state, not common sense.

As just another example to show you how delirious some officials are. A Utah official is proposing we help pay fines with tax money that were given to a Utah county commissioner who was convicted for leading a group down a closed BLM road as a protest. Here's the link to this ridiculous proposal:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/28/lawmaker-wants-utah-to-aid-official-convicted-in-a/

Just this year I've watched hundreds of thousands be given to sage grouse and wolf lobbying in this state that. Phragmite control funding cut from the budget for the GSL and Utah lake that are vital resting and habitat areas for our waterfowl, hundreds of thousands more go towards this land effort, and I'm sure plenty more that has been handed out behind closed doors. There have also been budgets put in place for a water pipeline from Lake Powell to St. George, and for future funding of damning the Bear River for future water needs of the Salt Lake Valley, both of which will cost taxpayers billions over the next decade, and there is proof that neither of the projects are needed. Oh and wait now there is an investigation into water use records and propaganda used to pass these laws for funding of these projects, because their is now proof that we really have no idea how much water we use in the state or what true future needs will be. In short these two projects are very unnecessary and are meant to make project managers a pretty penny on projects that will be devastating the the GSL which is at its lowest recorded level, and very important to waterfowl and many other wildlife species. It's sad in such a beautiful and diverse landscape of a state that we are sacrificing it all for political and economical greed, but that's been the way of Utah. Hopefully one day that will change.

We could also talk about the hunting expo, which serves as a good event and very valuable to wildlife and projects in our state but the amount of money being lost their to private groups and people from a public resource is also very sickening.

I apologize for my states ways and blind politicians who will be voted in again and again by a clueless/bias voter base. The problem is the left has scared so many people with gun control that the right has blinded us from everything except that that fear and stabbed us in the back because so many are blind to the other things happening. Just remember that the second amendment is not your only right, and too many people are being blinded by that one fear from the Democratic side making the side that's doing us so much damage behind closed doors very strong. Our commander in chief definitely hasn't been my favorite guy but he also isn't the root cause of this nations decline. It's political influence by the wealthy 1% buying your politicians and robbing the United States blind of everything that used to make us great. Our country in whole is in some real bad shape and the vast majority of Americans can't open their eyes and see who is robbing them. Blaming the president is easy, digging into what politicians are actually to blame is the hard part. People like Ivory make me sick, and it's just closer proof every day to where we're headed in the future if voters in our country can't wake up and see how far we're falling.

Where in the state are they proposing to put the dam for the Bear River? That's a new one since I left a bit over 4yrs ago.

Where in the state are they proposing to put the dam for the Bear River? That's a new one since I left a bit over 4yrs ago.

It's of the last couple years. This year they passed an action to start diverting so much tax money to pay for it in the future, but now a report came out saying Utah has no idea how much water we use or what our future needs will be. Studies have been released proving these bear river projects are not needed. They want to create a couple reservoirs upstream from the GSL which will in turn lower the GSL another 2-3 feet. Right now at the beginning of the year it's at its lowest point in history, but of course for greed we can sacrifice it a until it's gone.

Here is a link to the proposal:

http://www.gslcouncil.utah.gov/docs/2014/10Oct/BearRiverPipelineProject.pdf

Oneye- Thanks for the link! Though I don't like the idea, at least they kept the dams/reservoirs out of the places I wouldn't want them... ;)

Maybe Utah will just secede from the US or maybe the rest of the country could vote Utah out? There was an article about this in our local paper with one of the local politicians that is deep into the transfer talk also saying that this just proves how much success they are having.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back