Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Police: Teen dies after boys shoot at each other while wearing body armor

If a kid messes up on private property it's not any safer than public property. Bullets aren't aware of property lines.
Umm, public property has potentially more people and people not nessicary wanting to consent to the added risk of unsupervised kids with guns.

Private property only has people with permission or trespassers, so...

I’m glad I spent my childhood running around the prairie with a .22 hunting anything and everything smaller than a deer.
Actually, I did. Running horses around the woods. Also had a 4 wheeler, a go cart and snowmobiles.

Plenty of guns. Other than hunting I only shot at gofers and sage rats that dug up the horse pastures.

I dont shoot living things im not going to eat without reason. Didn't as a kid, and I don't now.

I'm not sure what that has anything to do with anything.

We also drove the farm truck around the property started at 12. Private property. You can do that.

Is there not a safety/ethics/discrimination committee that you can join, somewhere?
Dirthog doesn't have any guns. If he does he/she has one bolt action, maybe takes it out a couple times a year. He's afraid of the scary black gun. The semi automatic pistol. Magazines he deems as high capacity. The list goes on. He is of the mindset that as long as any gun regulations or rules don't affect him in his little world, that they are a good idea. Mostly, seems he is here to stir things up. Just my take. mtmuley

You guys sure are defensive over taking responsibility for the guns you choose to own.

That's pretty much the only "regulation" I've ever suggested. You have it, you make sure it doesn't shoot anyone.

Is that really that difficult? Is that really asking a lot?

I admittedly have not ready any articles on this, but have released how and where the teenagers got the weapon?

Ok, teenagers? 17 is an adult from all practical purposes. They can emancipate in virtually all states. These are young adults caught up in stupid Tic Toc culture mindset that removes common sense for "Jackass" type gamesmanship. These are not "children" and blaming access to firearm is blame game. They are mature enough to understand what the hell they were doing was stupid beyond belief but chose to do so anyway. The 17 charged is less than one year from carrying a weapon in combat so let's get real here.

I am more concerned over what is happening to our society such we have young adults doing something so tragically wrong we can't fathom this level of stupidity.

The enormous pain for these families is also beyond comprehension because they are asking the very same questions. Not where they got the firearm, but how could they be so incomprehensible callous to the potential loss of life. If they were posting up on Instagram, Tic Toc, Twitter, it becomes even more incomprehensible. Is the overwhelming desire to post up the most outrageous act of stupidity over riding all sensibilities?

I just can't get the pain of the families involved out of my mind. No parent should ever have to bury their child whether young or old. Where does their anger go for the young men still standing? You would think out of three, one would say "not a good idea"? Three families are now destroyed by a decision that reeks of outrageous act posting. Maybe we should blame smart phone manufacturers? Outrageous Apps? Phone carriers? These young men, for whatever reason currently foreign to world, decided to engage in Russian Roulette of a different kind.

Yes we must prevent unauthorized access to firearms by "children" but to say these young men are "children" is absurd.

What if they decided to test the body armor against being hit by a car? Ford's fault? GM? DC?

I just feel that the fabric of our society is torn so badly, I wonder if it is beyond being repairable.

Is there not a safety/ethics/discrimination committee that you can join, somewhere?
A woke crusaders work is never done. It’s one thing to have varying opinions but there are also those whose life revolves around pushing their agendas and beliefs on those that will never convert; a true “crusader”. Like those Christian missionaries trekking off into the mountains of Afghanistan or the deep jungles along the Nile…..never to return…..but the most these crusaders suffer is a account ban at most only to start over again.

Ok, teenagers? 17 is an adult from all practical purposes. They can emancipate in virtually all states. These are young adults caught up in stupid Tic Toc culture mindset that removes common sense for "Jackass" type gamesmanship. These are not "children" and blaming access to firearm is blame game. They are mature enough to understand what the hell they were doing was stupid beyond belief but chose to do so anyway. The 17 charged is less than one year from carrying a weapon in combat so let's get real here.

I am more concerned over what is happening to our society such we have young adults doing something so tragically wrong we can't fathom this level of stupidity.

The enormous pain for these families is also beyond comprehension because they are asking the very same questions. Not where they got the firearm, but how could they be so incomprehensible callous to the potential loss of life. If they were posting up on Instagram, Tic Toc, Twitter, it becomes even more incomprehensible. Is the overwhelming desire to post up the most outrageous act of stupidity over riding all sensibilities?

I just can't get the pain of the families involved out of my mind. No parent should ever have to bury their child whether young or old. Where does their anger go for the young men still standing? You would think out of three, one would say "not a good idea"? Three families are now destroyed by a decision that reeks of outrageous act posting. Maybe we should blame smart phone manufacturers? Outrageous Apps? Phone carriers? These young men, for whatever reason currently foreign to world, decided to engage in Russian Roulette of a different kind.

Yes we must prevent unauthorized access to firearms by "children" but to say these young men are "children" is absurd.

What if they decided to test the body armor against being hit by a car? Ford's fault? GM? DC?

I just feel that the fabric of our society is torn so badly, I wonder if it is beyond being repairable.

You are blaming smart phones and apps but not access to the weapon that caused the death?

Actually, in Florida, except in a few instances you need to be 21 to buy a gun.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FPP/FAQs2.aspx

You have to draw the line for "adult" somewhere. 18 is where our laws put it for most things.

I bet if your 17 year old daughter wanted to marry the punk down the street you wouldn't say ok honey, close enough and sign the papers.

Kids and young adults, even into their 20s make dumb decisions.

You are blaming smart phones and apps but not access to the weapon that caused the death?

Actually, in Florida, except in a few instances you need to be 21 to buy a gun.

https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/FPP/FAQs2.aspx

You have to draw the line for "adult" somewhere. 18 is where our laws put it for most things.

I bet if your 17 year old daughter wanted to marry the punk down the street you wouldn't say ok honey, close enough and sign the papers.

Kids and young adults, even into their 20s make dumb decisions.
Swung and missed. My comment was sarcasm. Do you hold your 17 year old hand while hunting? Do you trust that 17 year old to hunt alone while you are separated? This is simply they are mature enough to know better, this was a dumb decision by young adults. The question is why? A firearm does not cause this is my point, the need to "perform" some outrageous act of stupidity was the driver. Why?

Swung and missed. My comment was sarcasm. Do you hold your 17 year old hand while hunting? Do you trust that 17 year old to hunt alone while you are separated? This is simply they are mature enough to know better, this was a dumb decision by young adults. The question is why? A firearm does not cause this is my point, the need to "perform" some outrageous act of stupidity was the driver. Why?
If I put a gun in a 17 year olds hand, damn straight i trust them. Otherwise I wouldn't give them a gun to use, wouldn't hunt with them. I do "hold their hand" at first. They prove they are trust worthy, make good choices they get more leeway. Isnt that how it works in most things?

If I'm wrong, and they aren't trust worthy its on me so I take it seriously. Don't you?

My question is who "trusted" these clowns? Or was someone careless with storing their weapons?

We don't know. Some one fZ%&^%$^ed up.

We are saying similar thoughts, We trust but something else is at play here which is part of our society now. In police report: "A video of the incident was recorded by 18-year-old Evan Vowell, who was allegedly at the home at the time of the incident, and later provided the video to law enforcement, Click Orlando reported." So there was a 4th person there who at 18 you would think be little more mature but wait, he took the video.

They "wanted" to record an outrageous video to post up so this was an empty thoughtless mindless attempt to impress the "crowd".

Tell me: what causes people to lose their total sensibility to WANT to post up stupid 💩 like this? The Progressive commercial of crazy stupid acts seems normal now.

“If all your friends are going to jump of a bridge onto concrete, are you going to do it?”

Sounds like these kids intentionally sought out something dangerous and life threatening to make a spectacle of themselves.

If they wouldn’t have been able to find a gun they would have probably laid down on the yellow line in traffic, or ingested Tide Pods or….

Real life has never been free from the consequences of stupidity.

“If all your friends are going to jump of a bridge onto concrete, are you going to do it?”

Sounds like these kids intentionally sought out something dangerous and life threatening to make a spectacle of themselves.

If they wouldn’t have been able to find a gun they would have probably laid down on the yellow line in traffic, or ingested Tide Pods or….

Real life has never been free from the consequences of stupidity.
854F8833-A5F1-43A6-93A0-5BE7B4F6F43B.gif

Back