Police: Teen dies after boys shoot at each other while wearing body armor

We joke about Florida man and Darwin but in all reality this is why firearm education/hunters safety needs to be taught in schools.
Or adults that own guns need to take responsibility for their deadly weapons and keep them out of the hands of children.

The schools should teach your children gun safety?

Schools can't even teach kids how babies are made and how to not make babies without starting a political shit show.

Imo the people who gave those kids access to guns should be criminally liable.

I didn’t say they need to teach my children firearm safety.

With the number of hunttalkers that have taken hunters education as part of school it’s quite evident that it is wanted, and appreciated.

As a hunters education instructor who spent 4 hours answering questions from teachers and setting up 2 different hunters Ed classes as part of the curriculum in our local school this morning I will let you rest assured that the schools (in my area and others as evident in Colorado last week) want this, the parents want it, and the teachers do too.

I didn’t say they need to teach my children firearm safety.

With the number of hunttalkers that have taken hunters education as part of school it’s quite evident that it is wanted, and appreciated.

As a hunters education instructor who spent 4 hours answering questions from teachers and setting up 2 different hunters Ed classes as part of the curriculum in our local school this morning I will let you rest assured that the schools (in my area and others as evident in Colorado last week) want this, the parents want it, and the teachers do too.

I got my hunters ed in the early 90's at school. The ag teacher was the instructor and we took the class after hours if I remember correctly.

Totally unrelated to these special needs Florida teens, but likely the most memorable part of the last hunter safety session I attended with my kid (I think bowhunter ed), was the quicker to hurdle than run around instructor woman, wearing a tee-shirt that said "Double Ds coming at ya!"

But they were actually probably EEs, or maybe Fs if there are such things.

Totally unrelated to these special needs Florida teens, but likely the most memorable part of the last hunter safety session I attended with my kid (I think bowhunter ed), was the quicker to hurdle than run around instructor woman, wearing a tee-shirt that said "Double Ds coming at ya!"

But they were actually probably EEs, or maybe Fs if there are such things.
Pics or it didn’t happen…..

When my oldest daughter took hunters ed. they took the kids out to the range for a day of shooting. At one point the lead instructor did a little demonstration by making a line consisting of several different types of gunpowder with black powder on the end, then he set fire to it. The idea was to show the kids how dangerous gun powder was so they wouldn't play with it. ARE YOU KIDDING? You create a really cool explosive fire in front of a bunch of mostly 10 -12 year old boys in hopes that they won't "try this at home." I'm sure those boys couldn't get their hands on some gunpowder fast enough after seeing that. I don't think that instructor had kids. Hell, I kinda wanted to go light some off.

I think we might be being a little hard on the teenagers though. I have read plenty of accounts of grown ass men shooting each other in the bullet proof vest or playing William Tell after a couple of beers.

Adults can take full responsibility for their stupid actions.

The owners of the guns that these kids got ahold of need to be held accountable, here.

But they were actually probably EEs, or maybe Fs if there are such ththings.
I think there is
Or adults that own guns need to take responsibility for their deadly weapons and keep them out of the hands of children.

Schools can't even teach kids how babies are made and how to not make babies without starting a political shit show.

Imo the people who gave those kids access to guns should be criminally liabl
Yah better not let them teach drivers ed either.🙄

Absolutely stupid, but why do I see a lawsuit against another gun company or the company that made the vest.

Just a thought. Slap the parents across the face and tell them to deal with it. It's very sad but I can definitely see where this went wrong. But I'm willing to bet the parents want a multimillion dollar lawsuit.

When my oldest daughter took hunters ed. they took the kids out to the range for a day of shooting. At one point the lead instructor did a little demonstration by making a line consisting of several different types of gunpowder with black powder on the end, then he set fire to it. The idea was to show the kids how dangerous gun powder was so they wouldn't play with it. ARE YOU KIDDING? You create a really cool explosive fire in front of a bunch of mostly 10 -12 year old boys in hopes that they won't "try this at home." I'm sure those boys couldn't get their hands on some gunpowder fast enough after seeing that. I don't think that instructor had kids. Hell, I kinda wanted to go light some off
Stuff like this and more is the reason all our classes these days mostly consist of PowerPoint programs. I was personally present for an instructor touching off an allegedly unloaded flintlock muzzleloader in the parking lot once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back