Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Podcast suggestions

SD-Esox

I drive a lot for my job and listen to podcasts most of the time. Just wondering what some of your guys favorites are. Don’t have to be hunting related. Right now the four I have in my library are ; hunt talk, meat eater, elk talk, and Cody Rich

What other interest away from hunting do you have? sports, news, movies, etc?

Pardon my take is my sports podcast. It keeps me laughing all day.

Gritty Bowmen, Wired to Hunt, The Hunting Collective are all good.
If you’re into baseball, specifically sabermetrics and free thought about baseball, Effectively Wild is great

Once you get past his first name, Jocko is my favorite thing out there currently. He is a retired Navy Seal who typically starts the show by reading from an older military text. He then will analyze certain aspects of the book and sometimes also have a guest on that is relevant to the story. I am a podcast freak and can't say enough about his show.

http://jockopodcast.com/

Ill second Joe Rogan - I listen to the others you talk about but Joe Rogan has some awesome guest. I dont listen to everyone of his guest but cherry pick the interesting ones .

Hardcore history, by dan Carlin is a must. Takes a historical subject and goes goes savage on it.

The serial killer podcast, is awesome. A serial killer is picked and there story is told.

Terrible thanks for asking, is unique a chick just gets people on that have gone through the worst things imaginable.

The last podcast on the left, title is not political. 4 comedians go in depth about interesting subjects. You must listen to the jones town episodes, super interesting.

First season of Serial was good. S-Town also. Both of these were NPR productions and are interesting stories. +1 on both Hardcore History and The Joe Rogan Experience. FYI the Hardcore History Podcasts tend to be between 3 and 8 hours long each. Great for road trips or long days on the tractor.

I work nights, so am also always on the hunt for more podcasts. Some of my favorites are (and some of these are repeats):

Last Podcast on the Left
Hardcore History
Joe Rogan (have to pick and choose ones that seem interesting - check out Neil Degrasse Tyson, for example)
Dr Death
Beautiful Anonymous
The Dollop (listen to the one on Hugh Glass or "The Rube" - they are some of the first ones and absolutely hilarious)
Gritty Podcast
Embedded
Meateater
Wired to Hunt
...and of course Hunt Talk and Elk Talk!

I listen to a lot of different podcasts, but those ones stand out for me. I'm definitely looking for more comedy podcasts to fill the early morning hours. Sometimes it's nice to only listen half-way - you have to really pay attention to hunting and history podcasts.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back