Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Podcast #6: How it all started

Cornell2012

Administrator
Staff member
New podcast went live a little while ago. This one answers one of the most common questions we get about the TV show: How did Fresh Tracks/On Your Own Adventures get started?

In the time between quitting my job earlier this year and starting business school, I managed to spend a week back in Bozeman. I asked my dad if we could do a podcast about the origins of the show. He perks up a bit and immediately calls the original camera guys of On Your Own Adventures, Troy Batzler and Loren Moulton. Both of them agree to meet up the next day and record the podcast. We talk about the beginnings of the show and the camera guys add some behind-the-scenes stories that I'm sure you will enjoy.

This will be a bit of a departure from the past few episodes in that it will be slightly less serious than the episodes it follows. I'd like to think this is what you'd hear if you listened to a conversation where the four of us reminiscing around a campfire.

Download is available from Stitcher and iTunes. Enjoy!

I had a few good laughs hearing some of the behind the scenes info on some of the old episodes in my DVD collection. Good change of pace on this one. Pretty much spot on with your summary.

We gotta hear the camera guys open up and tell some more stories! As much as the podcast is about political issues, it's nice to hear hunting stories, especially this time of year with seasons underway and a lot of us hitting the roads.

This was a fun podcast to do, for many reasons. First, the people involved were very instrumental in helping us get to this point. Second, many of you have asked the questions about how this all started and I think this did a good job of explaining that. Third, it gives you some insight as to what goes on out there when you are doing this crazy unscripted thing we call OYOA/Fresh Tracks. And last, I got to mention a lot of other people who have helped along the way; a lot of them being Hunt Talkers.

Thanks for listening.

I laughed a lot during this podcast. Makes me want to play some practical jokes this week during my general season, public land muzzleloader hunt in Northern Utah.

Thank you for the laughs!

Firehawk

Wonder why I can't get it to pop up on my itunes feed? All the other ones (1 through 5) have been there no problems.

Emrah

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back