Pnuma?

GlockZ

I’ve search for any previous threads, and I didn’t find any and or missed them, but anyone try or use Pnuma branded clothing/gear? How is it? How does it compare to Sitka or Kuiu?

Never heard of them before. Just looked at the website. Appears to be on par with the other major brands.

Bought a pair of the waypoint pants and have been surprised by them on just about everything from fit, to comfort, to warmth, to durability so far. There are some different things about them that took a little getting use to, but after giving them a chance, kind of like the little things they've incorporated into the pants. They definitely are wind proof and warm, yet breathable. Probably not for everyone, but couldn't find a good fitting pair of sitka pants for what I personally wanted. Wanted something quieter, that was wind proof. They definitely fit that bill better than anything I looked at from sitka. Everyone is different and has different wants/needs and they definitely are different from sitka or 1stlite. Own stuff from all 3 companies, as well as a puffy from llbean and merino long johns from rei that have all performed well. Most companies have really up'd their game in the clothing department since more people want lighter, higher quality clothing. Weight wise they are a touch heavier than sitka stuff, but seem like a better fit for what I needed. The ability to cool the crotch down with a couple zippers is a nice touch. Can put a pair of merino wool longies on, over a pair of sitka back forty pants, with the waypoint pants in the pack and be plenty warm with that setup for just about any scenario in colder weather. They do well walking, but not something you want to wear over to many layers if you need to hike in then sit.

I have a Selkirk Jacket I bought about 3 years ago. I need tall sizes and it fits great, and seems to be of good quality. It is definitely a very heavy jacket that doesn't pack well. (And I normally don't care about weight at all.) I only looked into other options because of that. I still wear it a lot for hunting here in Texas. It just doesn't make the cut for my backcountry trips.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back