Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Please help me select an Irish Whiskey

Goatshoes

I am running up to Casper in a week and want to give a gift to my host. I understand he enjoys Irish Whiskey, something which I know nothing about nor do I have anybody to turn to on the issue. Can somebody make a recommendation? I am sure that there is a wide spectrum of good but different Irish Whiskeys to choose.

My host is in his mid 60s and of Irish descent if that makes a difference and I have a budget of $100.00 (I hope that is adequate). I suppose that Casper is a big enough town so that a good Irish whiskey is easy to find but I am coming from Southern California where everything is easy to find so if there is indeed something harder to find up there perhaps that should be considered?

Thanks in advance.

I'm no Irish whiskey guru either, but I Liked the bottle of Redbreast 12 year my cousin bought last year for our annual family hunt/hangout.

Jameson's Irish Whiskey. I've tried the Bushmill's and others though Jameson's is the best tasting hard alcohol, hands down! I've purchased the 12 and 18 year select versions and find the standard is just as satisfying. I'm not a whiskey affection-ado - I simply enjoy Irish Whiskey and Jameson's fits that to a T.

Cheers!

Link added: https://www.jamesonwhiskey.com/us/ourwhiskeys

Tullamore Dew 12 year old special reserve. It is as smooth as it gets IMO. Last one I bought was $65.

If you go Jameson, then get the gold reserve. It makes regular Jameson taste like Wild Turkey.

If want to impress get him a bottle of Burke's 3 Star 1920's, of course that would shoot your budget to hell at $850 a bottle.

Nemont

Last edited:
I enjoy an occasional shot of Jameson. Go with the higher quality. Definitely can taste the difference.

Tyrconnel single malt is great. If you knew which region in Ireland his family was from you can get a whiskey made there.

I'm a bartender and get to try just about everything out there. The Teeling whiskeys are really good. A Lesser known but incredible bottle is the Glendalough 7 year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back