Plate ‘em up

Recipe? mtmuley
I started by scorching 5 hatch peppers on the grill removed the skin and seeds and diced into strips. Browned 2lb of elk added a diced onion and the hatch peppers then a pack of Kinders taco seasoning mixed it together and finished cooking then removed from heat. After letting the meat cool and adding some shredded cheese we filled flour tortillas wrapped them up and layered them in the baking dish. Next I added some extra meat on top then covered them in my wife's queso sauce. Not sure exactly what goes into it but it's mainly velveta, roasted hatch peppers, and Mexican crema. Cook in the oven at 350 till it starts to bubble then switch the broiler on for 5 minutes at the end. I also like adding tortilla chips on the top before the cheese sauce but was out yesterday.

Season up a back strap, vacuum seal it and leave it in your fridge a couple days.

Throw it on your pellet grill at 185 for 40 minutes.

Pull it the grill, crank the heat up to 425 and put a big old cast iron skillet on there. When hot, add the back strap into the hot cast iron.

Sear on one side until about 105 internal, flip and sear until 125.

Rest, slice, one last hit of salt, and serve with a Kroger salad kit and horseradish on the side.
20230821_175615.jpg

20230821_175321.jpg

^^^^

Had to look up cornichons!

I'm used to the English term gherkins, being the foodie that you are @jryoung you've used the French word, but whichever word you use, they are tasty.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back