Plate ‘em up

so back a few years ago my Wife and I went to an OSS Society awards banquet and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Washington DC (site and lodging of the banquet). That Sunday morning, after the banquet, we had breakfast there before heading home. They had a dish called "Carolina Grits". I loved it. My wife makes it for me once in a great while (I try not to eat to much grits, etc anymore).

She made it this morning

• grits cooked with heavy cream
  • shrimp sauteed in butter with some Old Bay
  • okra (these were frozen and "cooked" in the microwave with a sprinkle of Old Bay)
  • pimento cheese

CA5B0F4D-998B-4107-9208-E6DD5109B96D.jpeg

so back a few years ago my Wife and I went to an OSS Society awards banquet and stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Washington DC (site and lodging of the banquet). That Sunday morning, after the banquet, we had breakfast there before heading home. They had a dish called "Carolina Grits". I loved it. My wife makes it for me once in a great while (I try not to eat to much grits, etc anymore).

She made it this morning

• grits cooked with heavy cream
  • shrimp sauteed in butter with some Old Bay
  • okra (these were frozen and "cooked" in the microwave with a sprinkle of Old Bay)
  • pimento cheese

View attachment 255970
As a former Carolinian, I can relate to that dish! I haven’t tried to make it myself yet, but gonna add it to the list! Hard to find fresh okra out here though so I might need to improvise.

Bone-in Durac pork chop, sous-vide with fresh thyme, rosemary and parsley then cast iron seared, with sautéed brussel sprouts (with ham and dried cranberries) and honey roasted sweet potatoes. And since it’s pork, Spanish wine.

View attachment 256663
Duroc hogs are 5 star eating. Do you raise them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back