Plate ‘em up

Wife made me some Ropa Vieja with elk neck roast. I was introduced to this for a breakfast meat at a small Cuban cafe in Gainesville FL when my daughter was in her PhD program at UF. Fell in love with it and my Wife makes it for me now and then. Made it with about 4 lbs of meat, so plenty to last!!

6C2FA10B-F213-4025-983B-A54165C68C99.jpeg

First meal from our 2022 mulies. Sous vide then cast iron seared with garlic brown butter on the loin medallions. Sautéed green beans and roasted honey glazed sweet potato. With Zac Brown Uncaged wine, which is surprisingly good for a “celebrity” wine. Plus I love his music.

#DinksTasteBetter

AAD30E85-AB42-4F5B-88AB-0F845914EA73.jpeg

Wife made me some Ropa Vieja with elk neck roast. I was introduced to this for a breakfast meat at a small Cuban cafe in Gainesville FL when my daughter was in her PhD program at UF. Fell in love with it and my Wife makes it for me now and then. Made it with about 4 lbs of meat, so plenty to last!!

View attachment 255018
Damn that looks good! I’ve got an antelope neck in the freezer and now I think I know what it’s destined for! Recipe?

Damn that looks good! I’ve got an antelope neck in the freezer and now I think I know what it’s destined for! Recipe?

my wife does this, but then sometimes she changes it up some as well - depends what she has on hand

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back