Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Plate ‘em up

What's the 220 v 221 F? Higher boiling point= more sugar? The 221s are darker.
Yes they are the finishing temperatures for two different batches. I am experimenting. The higher the temp the sweeter and thicker the syrup. Then next batch will be 222F. Last year (my first), I ran at higher temps, up to 227 and 228. Those later crystalized into rock candy crystals. Not desirable.

It is a fun experience. I will probably do another 4-6 quarts (40-60 gallons of sap)

Last week I volunteered to cook dinner. Pheasant and Chukar. I do a bunch of different recipes, but this is the easiest and the kids like it.
1 part each flour, Panko bread crumbs, and Italian breadcrumbs. I season the flour with garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, salt and pepper. Egg wash and fry them.

Obligatory drink also when dad makes dinner. 8BD878BD-6388-4907-BE49-2F7C9F447442.jpeg

Yes they are the finishing temperatures for two different batches. I am experimenting. The higher the temp the sweeter and thicker the syrup. Then next batch will be 222F. Last year (my first), I ran at higher temps, up to 227 and 228. Those later crystalized into rock candy crystals. Not desirable.

It is a fun experience. I will probably do another 4-6 quarts (40-60 gallons of sap)
That is called maple sugar when it crystallizes. I use maple sugar when I make maple flavored breakfast sausage! A sugar bush near us makes maple cream. It’s about like the consistency of butter. I’m not sure how they make it but it’s very good spread on a brat bun and grilled, topped with a brat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back