Yeti GOBOX Collection

Plat or GIS Maps of WY

mconway951

Does anybody know where I can find either plat maps or a online gis map that would list the land owner names for wyoming counties.

Thanks Guys
Mike

Wyoming is a mixed bag when it comes to GIS data. I am a Land Surveyor and my GIS department has data for a good portion of the state. A few counties publish limited information on the internet but most counties require you to purchase their GIS information on disk to the tune of $150 or more per county. There are a few programs out there that will simply indicate whether land is private, State or Federal but don't tell you the ownership. Also, most counties only update their information once a year at best so you can't alwasy count on the information.

Best way to do it is to work up a legal description, Towship, Range, and section number. Contact the county seat with that info and they can tell you what you want to know.

It can still be pretty difficult to track down landowners as the county doesnt give phone numbers out. Some LO's have unlisted numbers, cell phones, etc.

Another way to possibly do it is to talk to a local BLM office, many bigger landowners have grazing leases on adjoining BLM properties.

I have to track down alot of landowners every year and thats how I do it, along with knocking on a lot of doors...

If you don't want to go that route, you can call the G&F district headquarters that you want to hunt in and ask them for a list of ranch owners that would allow you to hunt on their property for a trespass fee. They will send you a list of names of the people that own the ranch, the ranch name in some cases, the address where they live, the phone number and also the hunt unit that corresponds with the species that you intend to hunt.

This is one of the options that I am thinking of doing for my first Antelope hunt. The other option is to go on BLM land a week or so after the season starts to get away from the crowd a little.

Brian

I already contacted game and fish and have the landowner list however I was wanting to lok at a map and know what tracts were owned by who so when I call them I have a general knowledge of where there land is and how much they own.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back