Caribou Gear

Any GIS experts out there?

I have had to deal with delivery folks not having my correct address,after delivering here the day before.
Even had EMS pull in for my neighbor,who is next door.
Neighbors have never put their numbers up at the gate, they are hiding, LOL. Don't want to be in the gubberment data base, but want deliveries and EMS service.

I chose my number after I moved here. The road had never been numbered. Just named. County was compiling info for EMS, and documents/deeds.
I seems some folks can't spell either and Eagle is a difficult one for some puter programs.
Had similar issue with starlink.
Entered my street as Eagle originally but had to change it to Eagel to get them to find me when the system was on it's way. It got here with the wrong spelling on box. Right number.

As for the missing bro, I always left my ex with truck lic. number with the trailhead I would use including options, NF name, drainage,etc.
I just tell my neighbor the area I will be in now. And when I spent an extra day a few years ago they called the SO. I gave Mike a cuppa when he came looking for me. LOL

I have had to deal with delivery folks not having my correct address,after delivering here the day before.
Neighbors have never put their numbers up at the gate, they are hiding, LOL. Don't want to be in the gubberment data base, but want deliveries and EMS service.

I chose my number after I moved here. The road had never been numbered. Just named. County was compiling info for EMS, and documents/deeds.
I seems some folks can't spell either and Eagle is a difficult one for some puter programs.
Entered my street as Eagle originally but had to change it to Eagel to get them to find me when the system was on it's way. It got here with the wrong spelling on box. Right number.

As for the missing bro, I always left my ex with truck lic. number with the trailhead I would use including options, NF name, drainage,etc.
I just tell my neighbor the area I will be in now. And when I spent an extra day a few years ago they called the SO. I gave Mike a cuppa when he came looking for me. LOL
Yup, I used to give my wife my "prelim" plan, and she'd say "oh, you're planning to go tonthe farthest left side, I bet you'll end up over here on the top.

Note I did not say she said east west north south. She was usually right, that I'd get in and change my tune because the "trees were speaking to me again".

I realized two things with my wife. Awful sense of direction, and good sense that i wouldnt be where I initially said.

She bought me a zoleo, and just says "go get lost, I'll dig up the most expensive looking homeless guy out there if something happens".

She says often "you spend a lot to look homeless".

Either way, primo reason to still tell someone your tentative location and be well versed, gps don't hurt either.

@onX Hunt

Not sure but if you haven’t done so, you may want to try and call search and rescue. If he has a phone they may be able to locate him
We are not able to ping user's locations on our end. As mentioned before, call search and rescue, if you have not already done so. If you have his onX log in information, you may be able to log into his account and look at recent waypoints he might have placed, but beyond that, we're not going to be able to help, unfortunately.

I have a project called "Eagledale" and about 50% of the time I initially misspell it when I type it. I've noticed other people do it also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back