Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Plains game--need help choosing one more animal

update !!

First and foremost she wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts

Secondly she said that in her opinion the Baboon, Wilderbeest and Warthog are ugly. (-: She said to please send her apologizes to Dirtclod---it wont be the warthog, although she also enjoys hunting Javelina (-:

She does like the Nyala and the Lechwe, maybe the Hartebeest.

pointingdogsrule---thank you. We have accomplished that. She is smiling and has said, spending time in Africa with family is something she will never forget. Everything after that is just a plus. I can not imagine that she will not get 4 animals and 5 should be obtainable, but if she choices Lechwe, it will be a win whether she gets one or not as she will get to see some beautiful country ( we will move to the north Brent, which will let her see a variety of different animals ) .

Kansasdad ----I wanted to get back to you and tell you that Kenya was the first country in Africa my husband and I visited. This was back in the 80's. We did not hunt Kenya, but after work we went on two tours and fell in love with Africa.

thanks to all who posted and sent pc's

Reactions: LCH
thanks for the regulation info, vikingsguy and europe

could one hunt only three plains game and a lion for the same price as 6 plains game ? I would think the lion hunt would be exciting

also if the lion trophy can be brought into the U.S., why not the Cheetah, Who (agency ) makes those decision/rules ?

I wish her all the best on her hunt

Last edited:
Nyala was near the top of my list on my second African hunt. I think they are one of the prettiest antelope.
I also like the spiral horn antelopes, and a different variety of bushbuck was high on my list on several hunts.
Any of the Lechwes make a beautiful mount.
A black wildebeest makes an unusual mount.
The choices are endless...

Caracal are a unique and fun because you get to hunt over hounds...something to consider. And they make a cool mount if (and only if) you have a good feline taxidermist. Have fun on your trip! Should be a blast.

You fellows will think my granddaughter is not playing with a full deck (-: she only hunted four animals and ask if they ( the family or part of ) could do things that allowed her to do things that her and I could do together , as I was unable to go on the hunts each day. She said she was young and could always come back to hunt, but would not be able to come back and do things with me.

Idahonick, hunting over hounds is something she has done in the states, and enjoys it, thank you

madtom, Elkfever, Buffybr, Randi----all posted after we left,, but wanted to thank you

To everyone who posted-----thank you !

Dirtclod---bringing home something special for you----(-: (-:

we are off----------

You fellows will think my granddaughter is not playing with a full deck (-: she only hunted four animals and ask if they ( the family or part of ) could do things that allowed her to do things that her and I could do together , as I was unable to go on the hunts each day. She said she was young and could always come back to hunt, but would not be able to come back and do things with me.

Idahonick, hunting over hounds is something she has done in the states, and enjoys it, thank you

madtom, Elkfever, Buffybr, Randi----all posted after we left,, but wanted to thank you

To everyone who posted-----thank you !

Dirtclod---bringing home something special for you----(-: (-:

we are off----------
Is it a Baby Warthog?...Have a new friend out back,he loves Eatin' Sparrows and Eurasion Doves.Ha!,Ha! :cool:
002.jpg005.jpg

Waterbuck, Nyala, Wildebeest, or Bushbuck. I had a safari booked for this past April, but we received a way better gift finding out we had a baby on the way so we could not go due to the medications you have to take to go there. Most advice I received said to have an idea but be ready to adjust upon what you see. Tell her good luck and I hope that she enjoys it. Also, check out africahunting.com it is a blog like this and a great resource as this is.

I am back in Spain, and will probably sleep for a week

My granddaughter said

her favorite animal to hunt was the Gemsbok,
her favorite viewing, the strip, victoria falls, table mtn and the herds of animals
her favorite food, was ostrich, crocodile, gemsbok and their "fat cakes" should be sold at Starbucks (-; ( tried their "worm" dishes, but was unable to develop a like for them)
future (someday ) wants. hunt Lion, a double 450/400 rifle, go shark cage diving, hunt CAR, spend more time in S. Africa, Tiger fish (CAR--Lord Derby--Rain forest Bongo--Pygmies as trackers were all of interest to her, however I think there is a travel alert on that country at the moment )

Last edited:

My granddaughter said

her favorite viewing, the strip, victoria falls, table mtn and the herds of animals
her favorite food, was ostrich, crocodile, gemsbok and their "fat cakes" should be sold at Starbucks (-; ( tried their "worm" dishes, but was unable to develop a like for them)
future (someday ) wants. hunt Lion, a double 450/400 rifle, go shark cage diving, hunt CAR, spend more time in S. Africa, Tiger fish

I have to agree with her on the Gemsbok! Glad you guys had a great trip!

Gotta watch those Pygmies...Look right up your skirt,They Will.
Part Pygmie myself...:cool:

My granddaughter said

future (someday ) wants. hunt Lion, a double 450/400 rifle, go shark cage diving, hunt CAR, spend more time in S. Africa, Tiger fish (CAR--Lord Derby--Rain forest Bongo--Pygmies as trackers were all of interest to her, however I think there is a travel alert on that country at the moment )

I am glad you had a good time. I wanted to reply to her "future wants" shark cage diving ?????? The apple doesn't fall far from the treeo_O

I am glad you had a good time. I wanted to reply to her "future wants" shark cage diving ?????? The apple doesn't fall far from the treeo_O

How about riding through the streets naked in a Mazeratti? Hi Europe!
Do you miss me?Ha!,Ha!...Where's my baby Warthog? :cool:

April, I am so glad that you and your family had a good trip. I hope your granddaughter realizes all her dreams in the future.

Since April is asleep for a week, does anyone know what or where the "strip" is ?

Caprivi Strip is along a river whose name I've forgotten in northern Namibia. Elephants, lions, and buffaloes.

Back