Caribou Gear Tarp

Places to Eat in SF Bay Area

belly-deep

Will be headed down for a wedding next week. Where should we eat? I'd like to get some good seafood and Asian food. We will be staying in Santa Rosa. I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. Thanks.

Are you going out to Bodega Bay, Lucas Warf is good. Petaluma Volpi's Italian it's family style. I know I haven't mentioned Asian? Lagunitis Brewery has great beer and food, usually and band is playing.

Petaluma's downtown has a lot of very good restaurants and nice walking too.

Pacific Cafe on Geary in the outer Richmond District of SF used to have great seafood. Been a few years since I've been though. Best part was they gave you free wine while you waited for your table.

Bit of a drive but moss beach distillary near half moon bay is excellent. Also has a beautiful veiw on top of a bluff right on the ocean.

This isn't food but I tell everyone that goes there. Make it a point to visit the Muir Woods. It is just on the other side of the Golden Gate and a absolutely amazing place.

Yuet Lee in SF. On your side of the bridge there is a place called FISH, Marin Brewing has a good steak sandwich. Peteluma has Lagunita's brewery, Sanya Rosa has Russian River brewing, food was OK at both of them, beer is super good :)

If you're staying in Santa Rosa, Russian River brewing is an absolute crime to miss.

For seafood, the Santa Rosa Seafood Raw Bar is top notch.

There are too many places in SF proper to mention, but on your way up, FarmHouse in Larkspur is excellent and thy have half a dozen great seafood dishes in the menu.

Thahn Long in the sunset district, great roast crab in garlic sauce. Divine..

Stay away from fisherman's wharf. It's a huge tourist trap.

Swan oyster bar on Polk is awesome.

Sam's Anchor cafe in Tiburon has a great deck on the bay, usually sunny and fun. Good bloodys.

http://www.sfgate.com/columns/bargainbites/ will steer you to some good places.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back