Pit Vipers

So since we’re in the topic of pit vipers, what’s with the kids wearing flat brims just barely sitting in their head?
I've spent ~50% of the summer at 15U Baseball tournaments.

I see more Pit Vipers and Shawn Cassidy hair under flat brims on a Thursday afternoon than most people see in a year :)

f40.png

Had a deputy in the boat one summer.
He would trade his Oakleys for Vipers when we went out on the lake. For the right attitude he said.
The guy put gel in his hair too.

I sported wrap around Ray Bans.

Not sure when pit vipers came out but maybe they were inspired by Gargoyles and blue blockers. I had a pair of gargoyles back in the day. Wasn't a fan of the Boz, but I'm sure any NFL fan remembers his look:

The Boz 81H9ENhncYL - Copy.jpg

Back in my day you had to pony up some serious scratch for Oakley Blades to rock that vibe. Everyone would know you were a real player who was not to be crossed.

View attachment 283180

Nowadays they’ve democratized things to the point that any old poser can pull off that badass look for $20. The gates of elitism have come down, man.
I'd show up to volleyball tourneys back in the day wearing my Oakley blades and everyone knew that mofo is gonna spike on me. Now they mean nothing sadly.

I nabbed myself a pair when they were fairly new because I was playing college baseball and thought they offered a good product for a good price; covered my peripherals, took a beating, and were adjustable. I still have the same pair but don't wear them because they became so popular and it seems like they became some stigmatized nonsense.

I'd show up to volleyball tourneys back in the day wearing my Oakley blades and everyone knew that mofo is gonna spike on me. Now they mean nothing sadly.
You played vball tourneys? I may just like you slightly more. Why did you give it up? You are totally right about blade shades and the vball scene these days. Pretty much every team is sporting someone with a pair (sadly including my own).

You played vball tourneys? I may just like you slightly more. Why did you give it up? You are totally right about blade shades and the vball scene these days. Pretty much every team is sporting someone with a pair (sadly including my own).
Traveling for work.

Not sure when pit vipers came out but maybe they were inspired by Gargoyles and blue blockers. I had a pair of gargoyles back in the day. Wasn't a fan of the Boz, but I'm sure any NFL fan remembers his look:

View attachment 283539
I will freely admit I had a Boz haircut in the 2nd grade. Couple years later I had the gal cut the back into lightning bolts like Wild Thing from Major League.

I was the coooooolest elementary school kid in town (of 1500.)

Holy crap these things are so ridiculous. So ridiculous that I want to buy them.

I had a pair of Armani sunglasses that were every bit as horrid. Giant things with wire frame every bit as big as these things that I bought at the airport in Rome ~15 years ago. They were so ridiculous that I had to have them, despite their cost being equivalent to more practical Maui Jims, etc and being unpolarized. Not a great purchase, I will admit.

Armani and Pit Viper appeals to a totally different audience, but they are totally two sides to the same coin. I should dig them up, then start wearing some lowcut, form-fitting v-necks, linen, and other strange Italian getups. Slick my hair back. Throw off the 'necks - maybe even make them a little envious - out on the river.

I clicked this thread thinking it was about snakes :ROFLMAO:

@rtraverdavis and I were just exchanging messages about his dislike or snakes. When I saw the thread title I thought I had won him over.

Second thought was that while doing some landscaping for his new home he had excavated a rattler den, and I expected this to be the announcement that he was moving to Alaska to live a pit viper-less life.

@rtraverdavis and I were just exchanging messages about his dislike or snakes. When I saw the thread title I thought I had won him over.

Second thought was that while doing some landscaping for his new home he had excavated a rattler den, and I expected this to be the announcement that he was moving to Alaska to live a pit viper-less life.
First impulse was snakes, then I realized it was about Danny McBride.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back