Pine ridge Nebraska turkey hunting

PH: you know the area well. It's amazing to see how the "private" has changed. Many years ago you could gain access. Within the past few years lots of the land has been leased by outfitters.
PS: quit giving out all my "top secret" hunting places ;)

Maybe I'll look you up this spring when I am in the area and say HI. Should be there the first week in May. (by your knowledge I am assuming you are a local).
So true. Between the merriam turkeys and mule deer the outfitters have a product people in other parts of the country want.

My apologies on sharing the secret spots.

I lived there from 2011 - 2017 so I know it quite well but I now live in Laramie. I haven't seen a turkey since I moved, lol. I don't go out for turkeys any more but I do make it back for deer season. If you ever make it out in Nov shoot me a PM and we can meet up at the new Runza!

I hunted SW NE a few years ago and two weeks into season they had lock jaw. It was spot and stalk and get in front of them type hunting. Are they considered Merriums up there or hybrids?

Anyone ever hunted then a little to east around the valentine area? Same strategy discussed already?

got back yesterday...killled some birds, but it was tough!
We hunted around the Valentine area the 3rd day...nice places...across the river is a "sanctuary" ( no hunting) heard hundreds of gobblers there!

Just left Crawford, a lot of birds but they were henned up, mostly spot and stalk hunting had a couple close calls but things didn’t work out. If your headed out my advise is to roost the turkeys at night and be at the tree in the morning.

Back